Gas milage?

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Backwards thinking. Its like someone buys an economy car and there worried about the tow capacity

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Backwards thinking. Its like someone buys an economy car and there worried about the tow capacity
I bought a Cadillac ESV back in 2008. Could care less about mileage. Just wanted something that could haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever and capacity for 12’ lumber inside. Gas was soon over $4.00 a gallon, no problem. I was still only having to fill it up once every 6 weeks. Now that I’ve moved to AZ, I find that mileage sucks when towing my sxs. But, it only has 80,000 miles on it and it works. Had to add a different, larger capacity transmission oil cooler to keep temperatures down, but after that it works great again. Has a 550+ range meaning I can go from Tucson to Reno with only one fill up. If Ronb is planning to ride the AZ trail, knowing how far a tank of fuel will take him, he’s thinking ahead. That trail doesn’t have a gas station every 50 miles.

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a Cadillac ESV back in 2008. Could care less about mileage. Just wanted something that could haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever and capacity for 12’ lumber inside. Gas was soon over $4.00 a gallon, no problem. I was still only having to fill it up once every 6 weeks. Now that I’ve moved to AZ, I find that mileage sucks when towing my sxs. But, it only has 80,000 miles on it and it works. Had to add a different, larger capacity transmission oil cooler to keep temperatures down, but after that it works great again. Has a 550+ range meaning I can go from Tucson to Reno with only one fill up. If Ronb is planning to ride the AZ trail, knowing how far a tank of fuel will take him, he’s thinking ahead. That trail doesn’t have a gas station every 50 miles.
Direct experience with this: once turned around at my half gas point because a thunder storm kicked up that made it likely that a stream crossing 18 miles ahead would flood out the road to the gas station. Decided it was safer to drive back to the trailer than gamble.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!