P700 Gear swap

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought all the transmission gears from a rincon and plan to swap the required gears into my 2016 700-4 to give it a taller gear ratio.

Question is, for those who have done it what other parts do I need? Gear oil type, gaskets, ect would be helpful!

Thanks everyone

Reactions: Tflynn
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I installed the Big Red final drive gears into a Rincon. The Rincon top speed was 62 at the rev limit and it dropped to around 50. I would think your top speed would increase into the high 50's. You will be changing the 2 final drive gears under the rear engine cover. The stator and starter will need to be removed. If it won't rev out with the tall gearing you can install 24 inch tires to help. I installed 30 inch tires and mine tops out at 51 mph at the rev limit. These part numbers are the Big Red gears but you can see the difference.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought all the transmission gears from a rincon and plan to swap the required gears into my 2016 700-4 to give it a taller gear ratio.

Question is, for those who have done it what other parts do I need? Gear oil type, gaskets, ect would be helpful!

Thanks everyone
Your gonna have to change your name. No way a stock Pioneer will pull these gears on anything but very easy terrain, so i suggest you reconsider unless you want a really nice golf cart.
@spifyd did this...but he also added a turbo.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I think installing aftermarket A-arms may be better so 30 inch tires will clear. Mine hit a bit on tight turns and I can install my 27 inch tires when I need lower gearing. Its a lot easier then changing the gears. Also a loaded 4 seater doesn't have good power especially at high elevation. DG knows all about the high elevation problems and it really pissed him off.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

Thanks everyone
Let us know how it goes. I’d love a higher top speed

Reactions: Gator and Mudwing
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS

Thanks everyone
If you decide you don’t want to keep the pioneer gears laying around I’d be happy to get them out your way when you swap them

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry guys I didn't get any notification of the replies.

I've had no issues with not having a low gear, and I've never had power issues down low in the rpm range. I'm running about 4,000 ft in elevation. I find myself running a lot of dirt roads and pavement, like 90% of my operation is this. I'm in Maine on the NH border.

Reactions: Deluxe700
M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys, has anyone done this and if so what gaskets do I need to order? I am trying to minimize the downtime of my machine.

Thanks

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The only guy I know that's done it hasn't been around here in awhile.

@spifyd you out there?

Reactions: MntGoat
M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Reactions: DG Rider
M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Okay guys. I've got this thing nearly torn down. What a pain. I can't get the cover to come all the way out, it's just been a miserable experience so far.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Okay guys. I've got this thing nearly torn down. What a pain. I can't get the cover to come all the way out, it's just been a miserable experience so far.
Is it hitting the cradle?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!