P700 Gear swap

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't usually ride with anyone, I use it around camp and we go exploring. For the times I have rode with others, I've had zero issues keeping pace.

M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ordered an ecu from a 2014 model. Will post results when I install it. Hoping the electrical plugs are the same. I know I will lose the o2 sensor but if it all works correctly, who cares.

I got the ecu used for $70 all in so I figured it was worth the chance.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
question. when you unplugged the sensor it wouldnt shift out of first? wonder if your switched the sensor and once if got into 3rd flipped it off if it break the 44 mark. only down side is hope it wouldnt try to downshift to first. 1 other thing is which i havent looked at is maybe checking the speed sensor gearing see if its changeable.. kinda like changing speed sensors on old trucks to right the speedo back before the computer days

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
SpeedoDRD

check this thing out. a few of the 500 guys used it to clock there sensor and get few more mph out after regear. basically you could make the dash read 40 when your doing 50 on gps

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Gotta read the whole story to get the whole gain!
so its 2014 pioneer ecu . or rincon ecu?
because if im thinking right. and its a 2014 pinny ecu. then that means the 2014 and below are rev limiters instead of speed limiters. which would explain the variances in top end speed in the early models

Last edited:
M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't mean to make a generalization but I will. I've noticed on the Facebook pioneer forums no one reads what you wrote, they just want answers.

I'm all for helping but use some sense here. I never said it came from a rincon.

Reactions: MBeaulieu and KyleC
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't mean to make a generalization but I will. I've noticed on the Facebook pioneer forums no one reads what you wrote, they just want answers.

I'm all for helping but use some sense here. I never said it came from a rincon.
lol im not even on the facebook one. but alot of people do that.
iv read this whole thing a few times and been following was curious. and now i have even more curiousity about the speed limiter for certain models. lol
rincon gears plus 2014 pinny ecu means early pinnys were rev limited instead of speed limited.

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
Gotta read the whole story to get the whole gain!
Yep, I did read it. Just didn't ask enough in my question. So the install of the taller gears didn't have the results you wanted until you installed the 2014 ecu. I didn't mean to sound like I didn't read the whole thread. I have been following this from your first post. Seriously thinking about doing this mod, just a little worried about the loss of low end torque. Thanks for your time.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep, I did read it. Just didn't ask enough in my question. So the install of the taller gears didn't have the results you wanted until you installed the 2014 ecu. I didn't mean to sound like I didn't read the whole thread. I have been following this from your first post. Seriously thinking about doing this mod, just a little worried about the loss of low end torque. Thanks for your time.
if your a trail\road runner and running stock sized or a little over youd be fine. but if you mud. i wouldnt recommend it. im at stock gear with 27s and thats all she wants in 4 lock and can still get to speed limiter. i dont think id even be able to hit 55 with my 27s on it unless i was WOT and going downhill.

Reactions: Mudwing
M

MntGoat

Apr 27, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4

Just the gears gained no more top speed, just s lower cruising rpm which is nice if you are traveling st speed. The 2014 pioneer ecu uses rpm to limit speed so by using that you can run a higher top speed.

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
Just the gears gained no more top speed, just s lower cruising rpm which is nice if you are traveling st speed. The 2014 pioneer ecu uses rpm to limit speed so by using that you can run a higher top speed.
Thank you

Reactions: MntGoat
J

jchigg2000

Nov 22, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can someone link the specific gear set I need to do the same thing to my 2020 Pioneer 700-4?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
@BobRack this is it

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Still like to see someone put 500 ring and pinion in a 700. Looks like it will work and gives a 15% gear reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Still like to see someone put 500 ring and pinion in a 700. Looks like it will work and gives a 15% gear reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
18% about 5 said they have on fb but no pics

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!