P500 Good experience, high recommendation

G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
Hope recommending a specific vendor doesn't violate forum protocol. Don't think so based on what I've seen in recent months.

A few days ago I posted a version of this message in another thread but wanted to give it a bit more attention because I've had such a good experience, albeit short (so far).

I suppose the experiences and preferences of tires is about as numerous as owners/riders. For many years I simply used the tires that came on the vehicles I purchased as they were adequate for my needs. But last October when I finally got a 520 I knew the stock tires would not be sufficient for my needs. Because I much prefer hauling to towing I needed to stay at the 520's standard 50 inch width, but I also needed to maximize its functionality to serve as my tractor. (Closest thing I have to a tractor.) In shopping/researching, among many other tire brands I got recommendations for ITP. I'd never heard of ITP, which likely says more about me than the company. In looking closer, I liked what I heard and saw. I eventually contacted the company directly, explained my specific needs and asked questions. A company rep responded promptly and thoroughly and repeatedly. He recommended several options he felt would be suitable but said the Mud Lite XTR would be the best. I agreed with his rationale and went up from the stock 24 inch tires to only 25 inch because the 8's actual width was 7.6 inches and the actual height of the 8s and 10s were slightly over 26 inches. So in essence the Mud Lite XTRs maintained the 520's original 50 inch width as needed but added some ground clearance and a much more aggressive and capable tread. Having used them since October, they've proven excellent for my needs.

Equally as impressive as the tire quality has been ITP's customer service, both before and after I became a customer. Within a week of mounting the new tires in October I noticed the right rear was low. I'd air it and it'd go low again. After a few days I took the 520 back to the shop that changed out the stock tires to the ITPs and they found the leak quickly but said it couldn't be effectively plugged. Highly annoyed, I contacted both Dennis Kirk and ITP. I'd purchased through DK because their price was much better than any other provider. DK responded that they have no warranty on atv/utv tires, but nevertheless they offered to reduce the price of a replacement. I was somewhat surprised, pleasantly, at DK's willingness to discount a replacement under such circumstances. Then ITP responded by sending a replacement/new tire, free, no shipping, no charge whatsoever. I was very impressed by and grateful to both DK and ITP since neither had any way of knowing whether the tire leak was pre-existing or caused by my use.

So fwiw, I highly recommend ITP Tires - Mud Lite® XTR - Extreme Terrain Radial Tire - products and service. And Dennis Kirk as well. Hopefully this info may be of use to some.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cool story, bro.
But seriously, that was a well written review and nice accolades for Dennis Kirk and ITP. If I were in the market for that style tire I would definitely consider them.
I run ITP 30's on a P1, great tire and they have several tread patterns to chose from, all on the same platform.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Talking to an ITP rep a while back that kept coming back to the XTR's even though I mentioned other tires they sold. P-5, mud, snow, rocks, roots, merciless abuse. "That's your tire". Been around a long time and still gettin it done....

Reactions: DaddyDubbs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!