P1000 GPS - school me..

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As a fellow boat guy and new 1000-3, 700-4 owner, I have been looking at GPS units as well. Still debating if I need a terrain map, I just don't want to get lost and I want to be able to find my way back to camp. I am using my Garmin GPSmap 76CSx, a hand held marine unit.
I simply start a track, mark some way points along the way and save the track. I do this each time I go out on 16K acres. When I feel I'm lost, I just reload one of the tracks, and follow it back home.

I see you're from FL - Have you ridden Ocala? We just did and really enjoyed it.

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
I've been using maplets on iPhone. Just download maps for use while out on the trails. Seemed to work pretty good at windrock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!