Calendar Group ride Mulberry Mountian [Feb 7, 2019] (Mulberry mountain lodge)

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is for the guys that have camped at this place.
We have a fifth wheel travel trailer that we keep parked in the winter. So we have zero winter RVing experience. What will I need to bring for possible freezing weather? Will I need heat tape for water or do most campers unhook and drain every night? I have a Jayco Eagle and they claim that the underbelly is supposed to be good down to 0°. Thanks.
You should be fine. Otherwise if they have toilets available don't put any water in the rv.

Reactions: Gunslingertom
RingMaster

RingMaster

Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2017
Little Rock, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Gunslingertom!

I have a 5th wheel also. I have camped in below freezing many times. I just make sure the heater is running inside and that heat has been enough to prevent any freezing. I do disconnect from the water supply and run off my freshfwster tank only. I have had the water hose freeze when connected the supply, no harm. That's when I started using my tank only. I'm not going to worry about it more than to make sure I have plenty of propane for the heater.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is for the guys that have camped at this place.
We have a fifth wheel travel trailer that we keep parked in the winter. So we have zero winter RVing experience. What will I need to bring for possible freezing weather? Will I need heat tape for water or do most campers unhook and drain every night? I have a Jayco Eagle and they claim that the underbelly is supposed to be good down to 0°. Thanks.
They make short water hoses for RV's that already have heat tape or you could make your own. I bring bottled water for drinking, brushing teeth, making coffee. If your Jayco is a true four season rig you shouldn't have to worry about the grey and black water tanks freezing. Heat can be an issue though. If the furnace is LP only you could easily burn 20lbs a day if you run it continuously. I have a couple of those oil filled radiator style heaters in my 30 footer. They don't keep it super toasty when temps hit the 20's because my rig wasn't built for winter use, but they keep it reasonably warm and helps keep the furnace from running all the time.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fill your holding tank on board. Even if the water hose doesn’t freeze, the staff at mulberry shuts down the spickets a lot when it’s cold to prevent the spicket from freezing and burst. If it’s like the coaches I have owned, the LP furnace will also keep the basement and plumbing warm. During the day I run electric heat (space heaters, etc) at night below freezing I run the LP furnace to keep the coach and plumbing all warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Fill your holding tank on board. Even if the water hose doesn’t freeze, the staff at mulberry shuts down the spickets a lot when it’s cold to prevent the spicket from freezing and burst. If it’s like the coaches I have owned, the LP furnace will also keep the basement and plumbing warm. During the day I run electric heat (space heaters, etc) at night below freezing I run the LP furnace to keep the coach and plumbing all warm.

Yep, learned that the hard way when I had no water the first time there. Filled the on board tank thereafter and turned on the heater for the holding tanks. Seems like they turned the water back on during the day and I refilled the onboard tank for the next night. Electric heaters are the ticket for daytime heating!!

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like we need to get a couple of small heaters. Thanks for the help.
Is your fifth wheel 30 amp or 50 amp? If it's 50 amp you can run a couple electric heaters with no problems. If it's 30 amp you could trip a breaker if you run to much at once. The heaters I have in my camper run at 12.5 amps on high setting. Running two is is 25 amps total so you only have a 5 amp buffer. You can always turn them off for a short time when you need to use the microwave or anything else that pulls a lot of amps, then turn them back on when you're done. Not sure how many amps are utilized for heated holding tanks on 50 amp rigs, so it could be an issue if you have everything running at once also.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is your fifth wheel 30 amp or 50 amp? If it's 50 amp you can run a couple electric heaters with no problems. If it's 30 amp you could trip a breaker if you run to much at once. The heaters I have in my camper run at 12.5 amps on high setting. Running two is is 25 amps total so you only have a 5 amp buffer. You can always turn them off for a short time when you need to use the microwave or anything else that pulls a lot of amps, then turn them back on when you're done. Not sure how many amps are utilized for heated holding tanks on 50 amp rigs, so it could be an issue if you have everything running at once also.

It would have to be REALLY cold to need to turn on heated tanks. My toyhauler didn’t even have them... neither does my diesel pusher.

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Hoyt340 in case you're interested

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe the heated tanks usually run off the 12v side of the electrical system in trailers. RV's may be different. My toy hauler has them, but I live in a much colder climate.

Reactions: nbomar and BWAF
advertisement
Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is your fifth wheel 30 amp or 50 amp?

Mine is 30, but I was thinking I'd just run heavy extension cord plugged into the camp ground 20-AMP service from their pedestal. Then I'm not overtaxing mine.

It would have to be REALLY cold to need to turn on heated tanks. My toyhauler didn’t even have them... neither does my diesel pusher.

I don't have tank heaters. Jayco claims mine is good to 0°. If they're wrong, I guess they can fix it anything that breaks.

Rocket

Rocket

Rocket
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Can you say less than 30 days?

E3D18082 8CED 42B9 8058 D30BFBB15773

Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looking for a little input on getting together the first weekend of February. I have been asked to see how much interest there is. Looking at NW Arkansas or Oklahoma areas. Here's a few, Any other suggestions? remember we need RV sites and cabins or motels relatively close.

Mulberry Mountain Mulberry Mountain Lodge | Ozark Cabins - Arkansas Lodging

[RSVP=15708]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

adamdyent - 1
BigOL3 - 1
canadianbacon - 1
Cuoutdoors - 1
Doug_Jones - 2
GlockMeister - 1
Gunslingertom - 2 - RV site #40
JTW - 1 - No rides given without registration!
Kilo427 - 1
Landman - 2
Marval - 2
MRSNEOHIO - 2 - I don’t see where JP has chimes in, but I will for us
my99svt - 2 - In my RV
Pilgrim - 1
Plumber32 - 3
Rocket - 2 - We B Camping ⛺️
Smitty335 - 1
Tigermark - 1 - Rooming with Plumber
Tramguage1 - 2 - RV #22,23,24
YardDog - 1 - Have beer, will ride.

Total: 30

Remove Gunslingertom from the "going" list. We have aggregate bins coming in on February 6th, I couldn't get the time off. Was really looking forward to it. My wife and I were going to celebrate our 25 anniversary there. Not to mention, I've put about a grand into my SXS for this. Oh well, maybe next time.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!