Hard starting

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I have a 2022 1000x-4 with 105 miles on it. Took it out last weekend for its first real offloading trip. Now if it sits for than 10 minutes or so I will need to give it some gas otherwise it will start and stall. After I get it fired up it runs great. If it's only off for a few minutes it starts fine. This actually started before hitting the trail, it started fine to get onto the trailer, stopped for gas and filled it up, ALL the way to the top. I figured that was the issue, over filling it and having some form of pressure or something. Ran fine the entire day, and the few times i have driven it since then, just not the first start.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pull the plugs and check the gap.
make sure your air filter is seated correctly and the hose clamps are tight. Check the easy stuff first, if u dont, it will bite u in the ass

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Just realized I installed my snorkel just before the trip, and the vent lines. I will check there first. The vent line for the gas tank seemed odd when doing it per the instructions, T fitting and one way valve, tube and drill into air box. Best spot to look I think is the crap I just installed 🤦‍♂️🤣

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just realized I installed my snorkel just before the trip, and the vent lines. I will check there first. The vent line for the gas tank seemed odd when doing it per the instructions, T fitting and one way valve, tube and drill into air box. Best spot to look I think is the crap I just installed 🤦‍♂️🤣
🤨

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
It did not feel right doing this, but I followed the instructions.

Screenshot 20230108 081735 Drive Screenshot 20230108 081748 Drive

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I have ordered a new lid already. Like I said, it did not feel right but was late and figured they have to be right.

When i redo this, should I JUST have the one way valve go into the frame?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Coil the tube that is currently going to the airbox? Or remove the T completely?
I guess I don't understand the purpose of the "T". On mine I put longer tube on the gas tank vent and ran it up the rops, then coiled the top 8' or so 3 times and hold it together with zip ties, it works sorta like a trap on a sink. I do this with all the vents. All have their own tube.

B

Boxingdonk

Nov 2, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I'm not sure the real reason for the T either. I could have sworn when I initially looked at the instructions it didn't have a T, just a one way valve to the frame. That was a solid month or 2 before I bought and installed it. They don't give you printed out instructions, you need to download it, so I went back and downloaded it again when I went to install and that's when I saw it. So I can only assume this is a "newer" set of instructions.

Reactions: ChadD and Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!