Is there a difference between scratch resistant and hard-coated windows?

Q

qwas

Dec 27, 2020
bc canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see so many different descriptions about windshields I am confused. I ride in dusty gritty conditions frequently. So what am I looking for, hard-coat or scratch resistant, or "other".

Reactions: rtn001 and TxDoc
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't want to make SuperAtv's head too big. :p But the scratch resistant windshields from SuperAtv are far more durable than windows from anywhere else in my experience.

They are by far the best for the sandy and brush infested conditions I ride in. I carry a spray bottle of water and a squeegee to clean it on rides. I had my oldest windshield from them for 4 years and has very few scratches.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I don't want to make SuperAtv's head too big. :p But the scratch resistant windshields from SuperAtv are far more durable than windows from anywhere else in my experience.

They are by far the best for the sandy and brush infested conditions I ride in. I carry a spray bottle of water and a squeegee to clean it on rides. I had my oldest windshield from them for 4 years and has very few scratches.

Agreed, not a fan of a lot of the Super ATV parts, but a huge fan of their windshields. A flip up windshield will likely be on every sxs I ever own.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Agreed, not a fan of a lot of the Super ATV parts, but a huge fan of their windshields. A flip up windshield will likely be on every sxs I ever own.
#metoo

Although it spends most of its time up, it's indispensable in chilly or rainy weather.

Reactions: rtn001 and TripleB
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I see so many different descriptions about windshields I am confused. I ride in dusty gritty conditions frequently. So what am I looking for, hard-coat or scratch resistant, or "other".
Probably just about the same thing....though there are different coatings. I think Lexan calls theirs MR10, Macralon calls it something different. We're using the MR10 on ours, but...........(top secret) we've developed our own that's waaaaay tougher. We haven't released it yet, but will soon. It'll probably be a more expensive option than the standard hard coated/scratch resistant, but it'll be the top of the line finished poly option.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Probably just about the same thing....though there are different coatings. I think Lexan calls theirs MR10, Macralon calls it something different. We're using the MR10 on ours, but...........(top secret) we've developed our own that's waaaaay tougher. We haven't released it yet, but will soon. It'll probably be a more expensive option than the standard hard coated/scratch resistant, but it'll be the top of the line finished poly option.
And that discount, you've been talking about? HA!

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

That sounds promising. If it isn't in the works, may I suggest offering perhaps the main flip up windshield only as an upgrade/replacement for those of us that already have your flip up system? I've already got a few scratches on mine and it would be nice to have just that piece available when needed.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That sounds promising. If it isn't in the works, may I suggest offering perhaps the main flip up windshield only as an upgrade/replacement for those of us that already have your flip up system? I've already got a few scratches on mine and it would be nice to have just that piece available when needed.
+ 1. I hope the flip up panel alone is available when mine becomes unusable without buying all the mounting hardware and lower section again.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That makes too much sense! Quit talking crazy lol

S

SClever

Jul 23, 2019
Galion ,Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
After getting a glass windshield, I will never go plastic again. I bought the UTV 801 with the wiper , it’s a game changer! it has vents at the bottom that flip up for great airflow when you want it. I think it was like $50 more than the flip up plastic, well worth it in my opinion.
CC65E4C6 E7DC 4941 8476 1C3B4189BF79

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!