Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm all about it but my old lady wasn't happy with all my spending this year just put 4000 into the trans on truck I will be shot or single if I got a toy hauler..... Might not be a bad idea haha
Nope, we don't want this forum to be responsible for any divorces. We'll find another solution for you man.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york
Get the Raptor, all aluminum frame with a completely seperate garage. The cheap ones that your wheelers park in the living room will make mama nuts!!!
I've been looking I would like to stay with a bumper pull 5th wheels to tall u get stuck parking in a field we use the camper every weekend almost but yeah no way will I put my wheeler in my kitchen haha has to have a little 10 or 12 foot garage with a wall and door

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm all about it but my old lady wasn't happy with all my spending this year just put 4000 into the trans on truck I will be shot or single if I got a toy hauler..... Might not be a bad idea haha
Oh...not good
I'm lucky my wife's
into the campin & ridin

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've been kicking this issue around for months now. Bought a travel trailer in Dec. and the P5 in April or I would have bought a toy hauler.
Looked at monte's Raptor and that's big money. If I were spending that much, check out the Winnebago Spyder, that's BA! Best deal going is a Forest River Work and Play.
Looked at ext. hitch but didn't really cozy up to the idea. Looked at different trailer jacks but nothing suited.
There was a guy on here, cpt ovo, that built a rig for the back of his truck regarding this issue. Never posted dimensions though. I think the thread was called...Loading P500 into F150. He loaded it backward, didn't really care for that idea either but...
I have already purchased straight, flat steel ramps to go in the bed. They will hang out just far enough to carry the rear wheels of P5.
I plan to put this idea together this winter, not dealing with it this year. Need to fab a bar that will hold ramps down and forward at front and also keep the spread of the ramps. Thought about going up and under bed rails with this bar but was told that tie down points built into bed are the strongest point to rig to. Was hoping someone else would perfect the idea before I had to deal with it. Gonna need air bags on a 1/2 ton as well.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one looking into this. Thoughts and ideas are more than welcomed.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've been kicking this issue around for months now. Bought a travel trailer in Dec. and the P5 in April or I would have bought a toy hauler.
Looked at monte's Raptor and that's big money. If I were spending that much, check out the Winnebago Spyder, that's BA! Best deal going is a Forest River Work and Play.
Looked at ext. hitch but didn't really cozy up to the idea. Looked at different trailer jacks but nothing suited.
There was a guy on here, cpt ovo, that built a rig for the back of his truck regarding this issue. Never posted dimensions though. I think the thread was called...Loading P500 into F150. He loaded it backward, didn't really care for that idea either but...
I have already purchased straight, flat steel ramps to go in the bed. They will hang out just far enough to carry the rear wheels of P5.
I plan to put this idea together this winter, not dealing with it this year. Need to fab a bar that will hold ramps down and forward at front and also keep the spread of the ramps. Thought about going up and under bed rails with this bar but was told that tie down points built into bed are the strongest point to rig to. Was hoping someone else would perfect the idea before I had to deal with it. Gonna need air bags on a 1/2 ton as well.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one looking into this. Thoughts and ideas are more than welcomed.
Don't go with airbags
one air leak after the other...
been there...there's these white
solid foam ones....
just sayin

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

I might be in middle America by this fall
you know anyone in that area....

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know anyone there...
nothing but cornfields from what I've seen.
Thanks...
well I'll let ya know....
can't be worse than here

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've been looking I would like to stay with a bumper pull 5th wheels to tall u get stuck parking in a field we use the camper every weekend almost but yeah no way will I put my wheeler in my kitchen haha has to have a little 10 or 12 foot garage with a wall and door
Yep, that's how mine is and the floor and about 8" up the walls is covered with a 1/4" rubber that looks like diamond plate and you just hose it out.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The raptor is a Keystone product, IMO Forest River doesn't make a good product until you get into the Rockwood class. I like the idea of what you're thinking about with the Steele ramps.

Tmiller

Tmiller

Apr 5, 2016
New york

I have a idea to put the front tires up on the toolbox as close to the cab as I can get it and maybe have to have the rear sit on bumper or a ramp but I think I'm gonna build a rack to go in the bed I wanna keep the motor of the p5 down low so I don't have a higher center of gravity and also I don't want my roof of the p5 to be 15 feet off the ground even if I do the flat bed I feel it will be inches to short (bodies is 84" long) but airbags Had them on my halfton towed anything definitely putting them on this truck as well

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a idea to put the front tires up on the toolbox as close to the cab as I can get it and maybe have to have the rear sit on bumper or a ramp but I think I'm gonna build a rack to go in the bed I wanna keep the motor of the p5 down low so I don't have a higher center of gravity and also I don't want my roof of the p5 to be 15 feet off the ground even if I do the flat bed I feel it will be inches to short (bodies is 84" long) but airbags Had them on my halfton towed anything definitely putting them on this truck as well
I agree with you about the high COG. That's the problem with the Bulldog set up. But if you go with it, bear in mind that Bulldog recommends minimum 3/4 ton and preferably 1 ton.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Never had a problem with my bulldog
carrier...no taller than a camp trlr
tie it down..hit the road...
2 full size ATV....did it for 6
yrs...used" 07 "dodge 1500
&"12" dodge.
never had an issue

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Good luck...
on wat ever you decide...
my only thought was...you bought
the wrong SxS....if high center of
gravity is a concern...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!