Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you @BULLDOG6! Since I got it I never have to worry about what to spend my money on!

Ditto! Nice looking ride @Tflynn

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Last edited:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
So this weekend I accomplished two things I been wanting to get done. Those being a rotopax mount on my "sub cage" and 3 rear facing lights, with one being removable. It will make sense in a minute! First the rotopax mount-

Step one was to clean the paint off of the cage where the new cross member will go, and test fit the new piece after it was bent and notched-

I wanted this bar on the same plane as the bumper portion of the cage. I got it close enough and welded it in there-

Now time to add the actual mount. I cut out a 4.5" circle out of 10 ga. sheet with a circle cutter on the plasma. If you don't have access to a plasma, a 4.5" hole saw would also do the trick. Then I notched and cut a short mounting bar and here's what I got-

This piece is ready to mount on the new cross member. First it must be centered and leveled-

Then welded-

Now I can install the rotopax mount

At this point, you gotta throw the can on there to be sure everything is straight and level-

Looks good to me! This part is done. Now time for MORE LIGHTS!!

Reactions: joeymt33
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm adding three LED cubes facing the rear. The first one is going on the back of the cage and will be removable with the cage via a plug. First I added something substantial to bolt the light to-

The 3/8 plate has a hole drilled and tapped in the center for the mounting bolt. The hole you see to the left is for routing the wires. Next I measured the light and bent up a guard, then welded it on-

Finally! I can paint the sub cage and mount the light/run the wires-

Now for the other two. After removing my stock seatbelts in favor of harness's, it opened up a great mounting location for rear lights. I just had to fab up a little bracket out of angle iron.

Still have to wire everything and let paint dry. Finished shots coming soon...

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Looking good. I want a sticker like that hondasxs.com one....

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Man! That looks awesome.
Thanks! I still have more ideas I want to do but I'm getting closer to my "perfect" ride.

A cage chop is sounding better all the time. Or possibly revisit the custom cage idea.

Bucket seats are gonna happen this winter sometime. Can't wait for those!

Thanks for checking out my build guys

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Tflynn very nice work! The Decal is among the nicest I have seen, and the cage is BadA**!!!! You are truly a visionary! Do you have any full side shots of you 700 with the addition of the cage you could share? Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: Tflynn and joeymt33
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
@Tflynn very nice work! The Decal is among the nicest I have seen, and the cage is BadA**!!!! You are truly a visionary! Do you have any full side shots of you 700 with the addition of the cage you could share? Thanks in advance. :)
Thank you for the kind words! I don't have any current side pictures with the rotopax but I found these-

Not true side profiles but close. I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's the money shot! Thanks;)