P1000m3 Heat problem a simple fix

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
Noticeable improvement on the 3 seater. I'm leaving it off for the summer for sure. Also makes checking oil a whole lot easier too.

So you were doubting my wisdom and knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and drfubar
Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I posted a couple of months ago about removing engine cover to fix heat problem. I'm here to tell you guys it's such an easy fix. I've been running it a couple months now and I'm almost ready to say problem solved. I want to run it some more on hot days and I'll let you guys know my results. Just for the record I have a 1000-3 with roof, split windshield, and back panel. I think I'll always have a little bit of a heat issue with my setup but nothing like I use to.
View attachment 45089
I got the idea to remove the engine cover from Polaris and Yamaha. I noticed there engines were not covered and allowed engine heat to escape. Here is picture of cover removed
View attachment 45090

Great idea! I have a 3 seater.. I tried this it help a little.

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
Ahhhhhhhhh, yes and no... Hadn't heard of it before but I guess that's because most on here have the 5 seater and that's really not an option for them... Good catch @pgiannetto65

Just kidding
Thank you

Reactions: drfubar
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Hope to solve the hot air thru the shifters. The plate is held to the dash using studs screwed in the existing screws then bolted. The
rubber is glued to the aluminum on one side and thin foam weather stripping on the other to complete the seal. No drilling or cutting involved. I will install in the AM and post effectiveness and a photo

IMG 3240 IMG 3241

Last edited:
J

JTW

Hope to solve the hot air thru the shifters. The plate is held to the dash using studs screwed in the existing screws then bolted. The
rubber is glued to the aluminum on one side and thin foam weather stripping on the other to complete the seal. No drilling or cutting involved. I will install in the AM and post effectiveness and a photo

View attachment 45361 View attachment 45362
Awesome.. did you make more?

Reactions: Chet and popeye
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
I have not made more. I did have the computer program saved though. I'm going to try two types of rubber. The one in the photo and looking at a dental dam laytex type of rubber that is super stretchy.

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
are you willing to sell me one!?!? if so just PM me please.

thanks

advertisement
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try it out let us know and I believe you could sell lots. I would like one as well.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Let me work on getting the curve needed to fit the dash proberly. I paid $125.00. I asked the owner what more would cost and he said $75 I have more rubber left and will donate that. I tried to PM a member this AM and it rejected. I will try again. I will keep every one posted. Thanks

D

Dasmoeturhead

Noticeable improvement on the 3 seater. I'm leaving it off for the summer for sure. Also makes checking oil a whole lot easier too.
Just took my cover off. I'll give it a try soon. I already like the access to the engine waaaaaay better.
This could be the answer.

Reactions: drfubar and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!