E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As has been said, does cut the heat some and as a bonus it cuts a little more sound.

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I moved my bilge fan so it was blowing directly on the manifold Sat. The front passenger seat crack is 20-25 degrees cooler. The back passenger floorboard didn't seem to be any different with an IR temp gun though. I'll probably wait and add the PCV with auto-tune once it's out of warranty that seemed to help @joeymt33

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had more of a chance to ride since I removed my shield. It makes a significant difference. I don't run fans under my seat but do have the barrier sold by another member. I don't see me adding the fans either... Today, @Delton and I will be riding and creating steam... I'll report back again.

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far the 7" fan has made a notable difference in the front and was easy to put in. The back is better on the passenger side but drivers side is the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Dasmoeturhead

Test ride today without engine cover went ok. The heat is still present, but I believe its better. Another longer ride is in order, but with the seat shield, and no engine cover, I think this is going to work.

Reactions: Tigermark

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm willing to give it a try but my question is... Why on God's green earth would Honda have put that thing there to begin with??? It's a heat trap and makes it a PITA to check the oil!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe they knew they needed it for the 5 seater (rear passenger feet) so it comes on 3 seater also? Are the 3 and 5 seaters running the identical frame built on the same assembly line?

advertisement
Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe they knew they needed it for the 5 seater (rear passenger feet) so it comes on 3 seater also? Are the 3 and 5 seaters running the identical frame built on the same assembly line?
I agree as well! Checking the oil with that shield is impossible, lol. I made a seat heat sheild and removed the plastic shield in back. "So far so good" - but it's rained for 3 days straight & no sigh of ending soon. I'll post when the sun pops out.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Test ride today without engine cover went ok. The heat is still present, but I believe its better. Another longer ride is in order, but with the seat shield, and no engine cover, I think this is going to work.
Fans, is the only why to fix the heat issue, been there, tried the heat shields, they protect steam flash and that's about all.

Dean1K3

Dean1K3

May 24, 2017
Osteen Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fans, is the only why to fix the heat issue, been there, tried the heat shields, they protect steam flash and that's about all.
I just installed my second battery yellow top under the seat, fan is next.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted to update removing the engine shroud on the 3 seater after @Delton's and my ride on Tuesday at Bull Run. I splashed through several water and mud holes and didn't once feel heat or steam come up between the seat where it normally did. I did feel it redirected between the back of the seat and the front of the box. It wasn't bothersome at all and not hot on your ass or back where it used to be. When I got home to clean the mud off I popped the bed up and it was soooooo much easier to get at the engine with the shroud off. This definitely helps on the 3 seater Honda.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I reported somewhere on here that my 7" fan was about the same as my two 3" blowers. Then last night I made a startling discovery. Some idiot forgot the heat shield under the seat after installing the fan lol. So I think I may have proved (to myself anyways) that the fan is better in my case. With that heat shield in place I'm sure the seat will be cooler.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted to update removing the engine shroud on the 3 seater after @Delton's and my ride on Tuesday at Bull Run. I splashed through several water and mud holes and didn't once feel heat or steam come up between the seat where it normally did. I did feel it redirected between the back of the seat and the front of the box. It wasn't bothersome at all and not hot on your ass or back where it used to be. When I got home to clean the mud off I popped the bed up and it was soooooo much easier to get at the engine with the shroud off. This definitely helps on the 3 seater Honda.
I've used my rear seats maybe 3 or 4 times in my 18mos or so of ownership. I'm thinking I may remove my shroud. To use the rears, I have to install seats and 4 point harnesses anyways. What's an extra part to I stall?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I reported somewhere on here that my 7" fan was about the same as my two 3" blowers. Then last night I made a startling discovery. Some idiot forgot the heat shield under the seat after installing the fan lol. So I think I may have proved (to myself anyways) that the fan is better in my case. With that heat shield in place I'm sure the seat will be cooler.
That makes more sense. We don't have undershield and it's not bad

Reactions: Delton
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally got my new tie-downs installed. They will be a lot quicker and hold nicely.
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B015CJICIK/?tag=sxsweb24-20
20170608 1243281

Also installed my new trailer leds after I knocked the others I had on there off on Tuesday...:mad:
I take great pride over the years in how well I've backed and positioned any trailer I've used up until now...Two in one day has got to be a record.o_O
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYN0EFB/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my new tie-downs installed. They will be a lot quicker and hold nicely.
Amazon.com: Erickson 09160 Wheel Chock Tie-Down Kit: Automotive
View attachment 45919

Also installed my new trailer leds after I knocked the others I had on there off on Tuesday...:mad:
I take great pride over the years in how well I've backed and positioned any trailer I've used up until now...Two in one day has got to be a record.o_O
Amazon.com: 12V LED Trailer Tail Lights, AUTOSAVER88 WATERPROOF & ANTI-SHOCK Turn Signal Brake Tail Light 20-LEDs Red 12V: Automotive
Dude that looks so much better than your prior setup. I bet they hold solid too. Big improvement.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!