alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
On a previous Polaris Ranger 800, I added a heat shield/insulation blanket under the seat and was able to reduce heat in the cab significantly. So, has anyone added a heat shield/insulation blanket under the seat to reduce heat and/or cab noise on the Honda Pioneer 500? If so, what product(s) did you use? I am not experiencing any heat issues given the temperatures outside, but I would like to get the noise down and suspect I can get that done, but thought of asking first before spending money$$$

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of us have done it. Everyone has their preference, foil backed carpet probably being most popular. I used it but didn't like how it would get soaked and then have to be dried out or it would mildew. I switched to roofing rubber, heavier material so blocks both heat and sound better. I can power wash it and never have to take it out.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I've tried a few things with limited success, we finally decided wearing earmuffs/earplugs works the best. These are noisy little suckers!...lol

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of choices. ...
don't use any material. ..
that would create a nest...
for mice...or hold water....
mine is like...tin foil..
covered...bubble wrap.
I run it..from bottom of
seat...all the way up to..
top of roof...

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Lots of choices. ...
don't use any material. ..
that would create a nest...
for mice...or hold water....
mine is like...tin foil..
covered...bubble wrap.
I run it..from bottom of
seat...all the way up to..
top of roof...

Thanks for the note and will being working on it soon.

Reactions: rocmar
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Is the noise coming from the exhaust or the intake? (I know the dif is stupidly loud)
I see many gaps, opening, etc., between the rider and the actual engine allowing noise direct access to the rider. What I am wanting to do is create a barrier like in a car (essentially a firewall with dead sounding materials) to make the cab experience more enjoyable. I am not concerned with the muffler at this point, but may want to touch that at some point as well.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I see many gaps, opening, etc., between the rider and the actual engine allowing noise direct access to the rider. What I am wanting to do is create a barrier like in a car (essentially a firewall with dead sounding materials) to make the cab experience more enjoyable. I am not concerned with the muffler at this point, but may want to touch that at some point as well.
Sound barrier..under Tractor Fabric
..from bottom of seat..to back
..of roof
20170611 124540

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
P

Ppndabum

Feb 2, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of us have done it. Everyone has their preference, foil backed carpet probably being most popular. I used it but didn't like how it would get soaked and then have to be dried out or it would mildew. I switched to roofing rubber, heavier material so blocks both heat and sound better. I can power wash it and never have to take it out.

Any pics? I have some old conveyor belt kicking around at work that I could "borrow".

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
I also went with the thick rubber roofing material, I installed mine in the cold and found it laid down really nice, probably even better when it's warm. I started with center seat belts and worked outwards. I only made cuts large enough so the seat and back could be re-installed. The extra material in the back I left long and just roll it up tucking in neatly in the air filter area, thinking it would block more noise.

P

Ppndabum

Feb 2, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
I may not go that extreme. I was just thinking about running it from that rear bar down to the back of the seatbelts. No way I would get the material I want to use to spread out like that. To stiff. Awesome idea though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I may not go that extreme. I was just thinking about running it from that rear bar down to the back of the seatbelts. No way I would get the material I want to use to spread out like that. To stiff. Awesome idea though.

I probably did go further than I needed to but had the material and figured it wouldn't hurt. I have a second battery right under my ass too and have read about electrical fires. The more you put in will help keep it from moving around.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Excellent idea! Where did you locate that?

Better idea, you need a Trigger Shield. Here's a link.

Reactions: Mudder
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Excellent idea! Where did you locate that?
Better idea, you need a Trigger Shield. Here's a link.

^^^this x1000+^^^

AF51CAD7 C722 48CF 84E4 933E2112C029

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like others mentioned, current triggershield is a great choice. Some other barriers with padded material hold water and end up in the trash after finally getting a Five Star trigger shield for the P500.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!