P500 Help! Clearance issue

D

Drew88

Nov 13, 2016
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Just bought a p500 and had installed the honda full tilt windshield. I cannot use the honda hard roof because it adds too much height to fit in the door of my toy hauler. After noticing that the top of the windshield is curved, I'm not sure what roof I can use that will line up with the windshield and keep a low profile so I can fit it in my trailer...?

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Moose maybe?

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not sure if it will line up with other hard tops. The windshield is defiantly designed to mate with the Honda hardtop. The Honda hard-top does have a clamping system such that you could take top on and off. Not the most convenient thing, I know. And if you are primarily trailering to ride, it would quickly become a PITA. I am also not sure how hard it is to cut the top of the windshield. ie without causing allot of spider cracks. How many inches of clearance do you need? Can you get by with deflating and inflating tires? I know, another PITA idea! ;) Probably only worth considering if trailering is only very occasional.

R

Rustell

The Honda roof does add about 5 inches in height. I fit thru my 78" door with mine. Does it fit with the roof removed.? You might consider a "flatter" roof .. EMP Pioneer 500 Aluminum Roof Top Ztrailer1

CaptainGadget

CaptainGadget

Oct 1, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Try removing the rear brackets on the roof and pushing the roof down where it as low as possible and drilling new holes that's what we did on our p1k I'll take pictures of it and post when I get home

Reactions: Rustell
S

Skyhunt

Jul 25, 2016
Santaquin Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I have the same problem, the guy that sold me my enclosed trailer suggested I use some ratchet straps to pull down the rear suspension a couple inches. Works like charm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!