Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok, I understand about taking care to tap a non essential system. I was wondering if there was any advantages or disadvantages as to what side of the accessory to install the switch, in the hot side or ground side.
Oh.. are your asking negative triggered vs positive?

Everyone runs positive. Most switches require positive switch to illuminate.
Few items use negative trigger. Honda seems to like negative triggered things. But I wouldn't want 8+ wires going every which way to be hot at all times.

P

PFflyers

Nov 9, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Oh.. are your asking negative triggered vs positive?

Everyone runs positive. Most switches require positive switch to illuminate.
Few items use negative trigger. Honda seems to like negative triggered things. But I wouldn't want 8+ wires going every which way to be hot at all times.
I understand about wire bundle size and the amount of wires. I was reading somewhere about the negative triggered switches and was just curious as to their purpose. Thanks for the input.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I roughly measure the back with a caliper and transferred in front using masking tape...

20190321 201537 20190816 164758 20191019 160646

P

PFflyers

Nov 9, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I am installing 2 mictuning switches. One for the winch and the other for the lights. Where on the dash is the best place and how did you cut out. I don't want to mess it up and end up with a hole in the dash :). Thx
I purchased the switch housing for 3 switches. I marked the outline with a scribe then using a #21 drill bit drilled the four corners just inside the marks. I used a razor knife and cut out the panel cutting from hole to hole. I changed blades 3 times. Take your time and try not to cut too deep at one time. Make several shallow cuts so you don't slip and cut past the drilled hole or cut outside the scribed line. Remember, you can always cut more.

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!