P500 help - rust tire rod

D

Deltaokra

Nov 26, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I have been snooping around a few weeks and have learned so much lately and I am about to pull the trigger on an 15 with very low miles. However, I noticed the front and back tire rods are covered in rust. Is this normal and wound it be a serious concern? Other than this issue, it looks and drives great.

Thanks for any help!!!

D

Deltaokra

Nov 26, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have been snooping around a few weeks and have learned so much lately and I am about to pull the trigger on an 15 with very low miles. However, I noticed the front and back tire rods are covered in rust. Is this normal and wound it be a serious concern? Other than this issue, it looks and drives great.

Thanks for any help!!!
Yes it's normal no concern you can clean the rust off and put some WD40 on them. If you clean them real good you could put some silicon spray on them.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes, common.
Clean the rust off and paint them so it won't be an issue going forward.
Both front and rears.

Reactions: sharp
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Rust ? What is rust ?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Rust ? What is rust ?
a reddish- or yellowish-brown flaky coating of iron oxide that is formed on iron or steel by oxidation, especially in the presence of moisture.

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
On the rare times I see anything rusty, I take a small brush, like an artists brush and put a light coat of thick oil on, I use 90W gear oil. Lasts a long time because it doesn't come off.

Sent from my computer using my fingers.

Reactions: Delton and MrP500
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!