Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a new P500. Reading all the threads about tricking your P500 has giving me the shakes. I can't figure where to start. I have never owned any type of ATV/UTV. Lots of off road experience in 4x4 hunting trucks. I'll mostly be in Eastern Sierra mountains or Nevada desert. This will be a hunting rig.
My question to the group is, if you were to buy a new P500, what Honda accessories would you start with?
Or since I'm not a great wrench (adequate but not great), what would you advise me to start with from the factory/dealer? Hardtop, glass window, accessory electrical harness, mirrors, rear box, rear tray, bigger tires, winch, etc ?
I don't want to go overboard right away, but, want a good start. And, figuring some of the Honda accessories are better than after market and vice a versa. Thank you for your help.
:) Soundsystem and sunglasses!
But seriously, Sierra Mtns. and Nevada desert...GPS.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a new P500. Reading all the threads about tricking your P500 has giving me the shakes. I can't figure where to start. I have never owned any type of ATV/UTV. Lots of off road experience in 4x4 hunting trucks. I'll mostly be in Eastern Sierra mountains or Nevada desert. This will be a hunting rig.
My question to the group is, if you were to buy a new P500, what Honda accessories would you start with?
Or since I'm not a great wrench (adequate but not great), what would you advise me to start with from the factory/dealer? Hardtop, glass window, accessory electrical harness, mirrors, rear box, rear tray, bigger tires, winch, etc ?
I don't want to go overboard right away, but, want a good start. And, figuring some of the Honda accessories are better than after market and vice a versa. Thank you for your help.

I am right there with you....best advice...make friends with Jackal...cut his grass, fix his fence, wash his dishes, maybe he will help you get your 500 straight...LOL

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am right there with you....best advice...make friends with Jackal...cut his grass, fix his fence, wash his dishes, maybe he will help you get your 500 straight...LOL
No need for all that. LOL. I will help just because it's the neighborly thing to do.

Reactions: teakmtn
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Very tempting...
Offer is still good just under 300 miles on the machine, all tricked out :) I'm headed to Douglas, GA to pick up a new 34' enclosed trailer next weekend shouldn't be too far away from Alabama. :)

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Offer is still good just under 300 miles on the machine, all tricked out :) I'm headed to Douglas, GA to pick up a new 34' enclosed trailer next weekend shouldn't be too far away from Alabama. :)

I bought my trailer down in Douglas. Their prices are worth the drive.

Reactions: wildbill
M

Markbama

Nov 27, 2015
Millbrook AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Jackal...did you get your trailer? Did you have them put in e-track?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!