P700 HELP

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Having starting problems!! It looks as if I will be having a knee replacement in the very near future,,,,AND my hondia 700 is having issues....

Have noticed it was a little slow starting,,,,then acted like a dead battery,,,charged and worked fine for a few days and then dead again. Changed to a new battery that is spec for the Honda,,,, after a day or two started again,,,,ONLY THIS TIME IT WOULD DIE WHEN I TURNED ON THE LIGHTS. My son pushed on the relays and that seemed to fix it for a few days,,,,then it started a gain...Changed battery again, also changed the 4 relays under the hood,,,checked the fuses...all good..

Charged battery, and when you turn on the key it will not crank even though the dash lights up,,,,

It is now in a easy place on the farm to get to load to take to a shop,,,,does anyone have any ideas..

I am really going to kneed this machine to get around the farm in a few weeks!!~

thanks again
Longbeards WV

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You obviously have a short to those head lights some where. Did you or "your Boy "change any wiring to battery or lights. Did you splice into the power for headlights at any time????
Cause rats chewing is the only thing that makes sense.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Having starting problems!! It looks as if I will be having a knee replacement in the very near future,,,,AND my hondia 700 is having issues....

Have noticed it was a little slow starting,,,,then acted like a dead battery,,,charged and worked fine for a few days and then dead again. Changed to a new battery that is spec for the Honda,,,, after a day or two started again,,,,ONLY THIS TIME IT WOULD DIE WHEN I TURNED ON THE LIGHTS. My son pushed on the relays and that seemed to fix it for a few days,,,,then it started a gain...Changed battery again, also changed the 4 relays under the hood,,,checked the fuses...all good..

Charged battery, and when you turn on the key it will not crank even though the dash lights up,,,,

It is now in a easy place on the farm to get to load to take to a shop,,,,does anyone have any ideas..

I am really going to kneed this machine to get around the farm in a few weeks!!~

thanks again
Longbeards WV

I have changed nothing in regards to the wiring of these machine since I bought other then put a winch on....3 years ago,,,never any issues,,,looks like I will have to hual it to town,,,,total bummer!

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have you checked every single ground on the machine? I know the 1000's had a ton of grounding issues. I'm assuming you are in a cold environment where moisture and corrosion can get ya. And yeah, those little rodents like to girdle their teeth on soft plastic wires.
I lost trailer lights on a new truck because of mice.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Farmer
In eastern mts of WV,,,

Going to winch it on trailor and head to nearest dealer on Tuesday

I belive it is the switch that is activated when you press on the break to start in gear..

Where are you located?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Farmer
In eastern mts of WV,,,

Going to winch it on trailor and head to nearest dealer on Tuesday

I belive it is the switch that is activated when you press on the break to start in gear..

Where are you located?

I'm in Hell here in Northern Illinois. We were 3 months away from moving out of this s***ty state and life changed, and to top it off we had a calf born in -19F weather.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I'm in Hell here in Northern Illinois. We were 3 months away from moving out of this s***ty state and life changed, and to top it off we had a calf born in -19F weather.
First I hope you have a good warm barn!! Been there and don that as the old saying goes!! Only passed through Illinois on the way west turkey hunting...looks like good hunting country! Pioneer is in the shop,,,hope to hell it is nothing to time consuming, as 70$ is not cheap!
best longbeards
WV

Reactions: Farmer
L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
First I hope you have a good warm barn!! Been there and don that as the old saying goes!! Only passed through Illinois on the way west turkey hunting...looks like good hunting country! Pioneer is in the shop,,,hope to hell it is nothing to time consuming, as 70$ is not cheap!
best longbeards
WV

Hey Farmer,,,if it helps it was -2 here when I got up around 6,,,,I live in the banana belt of WV,,,so we don't get that much super cold!!

Reactions: Farmer
L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
PROBLEM SOLVED!! It was a bad ignition switch,,,shop replaced it and I am good to go,,,,75 dollars for the switch and 120 in labor and I am out the door!! Thanks for all your help,,,,this sure had me stumped,,,,and getting a knee replacement in the near future( I find out today when) had me worried about how I would be able to keep up without it!!
best
Longbeards WV

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014

thanks again
Longbeards WV

PROBLEM SOLVED SEE BELOW!! thanks guys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!