P1000m5 Highlifter 2.5 Lift Install Question/Issue

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Searched the forum but did not see any comments on an issue I’ve come across regarding the installation of the front long shock brackets on my 2017 1000-5.

Installation instructions say slide the long shock brackets behind and in front of the front OEM shock mounts. The rear front bracket slides in no problem, but I noticed a plastic shield attached to the front side of the OEM shock cross bracing, just behind the radiator overflow bottle, that is in the way of installing the front lift bracket. The plastic shield looks to be a heat shield for the radiator and is attached to the OEM shock cross bracing via 2 plastic push clips.

Has anyone else encountered this and what is the solution, or am I missing something in the instructions?

Thanks for your help.

J

JTW

Yeah, I’m having trouble remembering who it was that discovered this. But you have to lose the heat shield for it to work. The lift was designed for the 2016 that didn’t have the revised heat shield. Highlifter is aware but I dot think they care.... besides there’s not really much choice. It’s either lift or heat shield.

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I’m having trouble remembering who it was that discovered this. But you have to lose the heat shield for it to work. The lift was designed for the 2016 that didn’t have the revised heat shield. Highlifter is aware but I dot think they care.... besides there’s not really much choice. It’s either lift or heat shield.

I’m wondering if removing the heat shield will add heat into the cabin from the front?

D

DDDonkey

I put the highlighter in the rear and the put spacers in the front. Being in Az I wanted to keep the heat shield.

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. I haven’t started the install yet but like to scope out everything before I get into too deep and noticed this.

Was thinking along the same lines or maybe drill holes in the lift bracket that match the OEM holes and re use the push pins or zip ties.

Just getting to the push pins looks to be a PITA.

I have been on the fence about buying the lift but Black Friday price of $152 including shipping made my mind up.

Thanks again!

Fl-Cracker

Fl-Cracker

Nov 19, 2018
Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Searched the forum but did not see any comments on an issue I’ve come across regarding the installation of the front long shock brackets on my 2017 1000-5.

Installation instructions say slide the long shock brackets behind and in front of the front OEM shock mounts. The rear front bracket slides in no problem, but I noticed a plastic shield attached to the front side of the OEM shock cross bracing, just behind the radiator overflow bottle, that is in the way of installing the front lift bracket. The plastic shield looks to be a heat shield for the radiator and is attached to the OEM shock cross bracing via 2 plastic push clips.

Has anyone else encountered this and what is the solution, or am I missing something in the instructions?

Thanks for your help.
I built my own version of the H L kit and I drilled holes and put pins back in

Reno58

Reno58

Oct 21, 2017
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the lift kit installed no problem.

I drilled small holes in the front half of the front bracket and put the heat shield back in place via zip ties. Works great.

Ordered wheel spacer set (front & rear) from RB3 Offroad to bring my rear wheel spacing parallel with the front and help take care of the slightly toe in the rear wheels have since the lift. They look to be very good quality.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!