P1000 Homemade Door Bushings

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did anyone mic the pin? I forgot to grab one at home today. or if I drill 5/16 it will be fine. Drill undersize and ream. anyone up for some blinds darts?
All of your dimensions will work fine. 5/16 is perfect for the pin and the hinge support can be be manipulated a bit to relieve or tighten the fit on the bushing if need be.
I didn’t use any sort of lubricant on mine and they swing freely with no binding whatsoever.

Reactions: BWAF, sharp and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All of your dimensions will work fine. 5/16 is perfect for the pin and the hinge support can be be manipulated a bit to relieve or tighten the fit on the bushing if need be.
I didn’t use any sort of lubricant on mine and they swing freely with no binding whatsoever.
I actually believe lubricant on some things to be bad because it attracts dirt. Learned that from dirt bikes, especially on brake throttle and clutch cables.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well-- I have a ton of these things. Pins get a little too snug for comfort halfway down the hole so I am going to ream them "quick."
Oh man that’s set up for @JTW
Hey @OleRed thanks do much for your intent, that’s very generous!

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One fella sent me message saying he would distribute them... I suppose I should send half one way and half another. Not sure who is closest to the main vein but they can go today if I get them all reamed. Monday latest. They do fit snug in the bracket and snug in the molded hole on the door. Good measuring by CU.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
One fella sent me message saying he would distribute them... I suppose I should send half one way and half another. Not sure who is closest to the main vein but they can go today if I get them all reamed. Monday latest. They do fit snug in the bracket and snug in the molded hole on the door. Good measuring by CU.
Send half to me then at the address I provided yesterday and half to @Hondasxs to distribute at the Takeover, I’ll cover postage to mail sets to members that would like to have them that can’t make the Takeover.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!