Talon Honda financing

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'll be looking into getting my first SXS soon. The Talon X seems to be right up my alley seeing how I have only owned Honda ATVs in the past. Plus I know the guy who recently took over the local Honda dealership.
So, I'm curious as to how Honda's financing works. In everyone's experience is it a fixed rate or is there room for negotiation. Credit score isn't an issue. I'm just trying to sort things out before I get in there.

Has anyone had any luck as far as getting any bolt-ons at a cut rate as a package? I know in the past occasionally honda has offered specials on a winch for example.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or assistance. Joe

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Honda was doing 3.99% when I bought mine a few weeks ago. My dealer is very flexible on pricing extras but not every dealer is. My parts guy asks me the lowest I can find it for and matches it. Should be no issue to get the extras added to the deal before you finance one way or the other.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
I bought a Foreman back in 2013 but knew what I wanted and just wrote a check and loaded it up. These Talons are a different animal and I have never had to deal with the financing portion so I appreciate the advise.
I am hoping nearing the end of Illinois' nice weather and riding season combined with the 2020 Talon and the Talon 4 release I may stand a chance on getting a bargain.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honda sometimes also offers incentives to the dealer if you finance. I knew this so I financed it and made my dealer pass that to me (it was around $400). I didn't want/need financing so as soon as I was able to log on to Honda Finance, I paid a couple weeks of interest ($50) and paid the thing off. I ended up $350 ahead.

My dealer gave me some discounts on a windshield and some other accessories (about 15% off). If you can wait and buy your accessories with cash, you can almost always get a better deal online, even for Honda accessories.

MOST of these incentives are not offered on new models. Financing on Talons was 5.99% back in June when I bought mine and now I believe it is 3.99% but only for the 2019 X models (R Model is not included in the current offer). However, the Honda website says that offer ends today 9/30 so you will have to see if they extended it.

My local Credit Union had UTV loans for 3.99% Variable and 4.49 fixed a few weeks ago. They are a little higher right now and go up and down all the time (probably seasonal), you may want to check out your CU also.

Reactions: HBarlow
C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honda sometimes also offers incentives to the dealer if you finance. I knew this so I financed it and made my dealer pass that to me (it was around $400). I didn't want/need financing so as soon as I was able to log on to Honda Finance, I paid a couple weeks of interest ($50) and paid the thing off. I ended up $350 ahead.

My dealer gave me some discounts on a windshield and some other accessories (about 15% off). If you can wait and buy your accessories with cash, you can almost always get a better deal online, even for Honda accessories.

MOST of these incentives are not offered on new models. Financing on Talons was 5.99% back in June when I bought mine and now I believe it is 3.99% but only for the 2019 X models (R Model is not included in the current offer). However, the Honda website says that offer ends today 9/30 so you will have to see if they extended it.

My local Credit Union had UTV loans for 3.99% Variable and 4.49 fixed a few weeks ago. They are a little higher right now and go up and down all the time (probably seasonal), you may want to check out your CU also.
I bought an R last week 3.99 financing from Honda so it is/was available on the 2019 R

Reactions: HBarlow
Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X

I am in the same boat. I don't necessarily need to finance it but if I can benefit from it I will. I have been told that the only real reason to get the parts at the time of purchase is if you need to roll it into your payments.
I won't be home till next week between working offshore on an oilrig and then rolling directly into a Air National Guard drill the day I get home. So it's going to have to wait till next week at some point.

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
With a Honda Credit Card, you can do 0% for one year. Then it jumps to 15.99% and counts the entire financed amount, not just what is left.

So if you're able to pay it off within a year, its free money.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honda finance is straightforward fixed loan sign a paper out the door but they don't do long loans

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honda finance is straightforward fixed loan sign a paper out the door but they don't do long loans
Very straight forward, mine was zero down and 60 months on a $20K+ loan. I can understand 84 months on a $75K car/truck so what do you consider a "Long Loan" on a $20K purchase?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
what I meant is Honda finance has real high interest rate usually on their longer loans. longer long I consider is 60 on 20k. They only have good interest rate at 48 months. Maybe they're given better deals now than what they was.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
what I meant is Honda finance has real high interest rate usually on their longer loans. longer long I consider is 60 on 20k. They only have good interest rate at 48 months. Maybe they're given better deals now than what they was.
Well 3.99% for 72 months beats the hell out of any of my local Credit Unions. I would consider this some killer financing...

Upload 2019 10 23 18 18 4

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah that's a lot better than what they were doing not bad sounds pretty awesome.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Anyone know what they are doing on 48/60 mon now for fixed rate? They only advertise the 0%/15.99% on the site.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone know what they are doing on 48/60 mon now for fixed rate? They only advertise the 0%/15.99% on the site.

0/15.99 is for the credit card financing. Honda always has regular fixed financing and the rate/
terms will be dependent on your credit and down payment. You just have to call a dealer and find out.

There is a special on the 2019 X model right now. 3.99 form72 months. I believe others models/years start from 4.99% and go up from there.

Reactions: dpnorth and TripleB
J

jcarr343

Oct 26, 2019
florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So the 3.99% rate is not available for the 2019 R model?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
So the 3.99% rate is not available for the 2019 R model?
Don't know and everything is always negotiable. Price, financing, accessories, service, EVERYTHING is negotiable and sometimes the dealer is willing to work with you (even if Honda Finance isn't) to get a unit sold, especially a 2019 this time of the year.

You just need to wheel and deal. Assuming that you qualify and have the appropriate down payment for the 3.99 on a 2019 X model and demand the same financing for a 2019 R and they say no, start walking and they will have that deal (or something that makes up the interest difference) ready before you get to your car.

Rate isn't everything, you just need to go to a dealer and start negotiating. Assuming a loan of $18K, 4.99% is $9 more a month than 3.99% (that is $650 over 72 payments) but the dealer is willing to give you $650 in price reduction and/or options and/or service to make the deal work. That is a wash and if you pay it off early, you make money.

If your dealer won't negotiate, there are plenty of other dealers out there ready to make a deal to get rid of a 2019.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Don't know and everything is always negotiable. Price, financing, accessories, service, EVERYTHING is negotiable and sometimes the dealer is willing to work with you (even if Honda Finance isn't) to get a unit sold, especially a 2019 this time of the year.

You just need to wheel and deal. Assuming that you qualify and have the appropriate down payment for the 3.99 on a 2019 X model and demand the same financing for a 2019 R and they say no, start walking and they will have that deal (or something that makes up the interest difference) ready before you get to your car.

Rate isn't everything, you just need to go to a dealer and start negotiating. Assuming a loan of $18K, 4.99% is $9 more a month than 3.99% (that is $650 over 72 payments) but the dealer is willing to give you $650 in price reduction and/or options and/or service to make the deal work. That is a wash and if you pay it off early, you make money.

If your dealer won't negotiate, there are plenty of other dealers out there ready to make a deal to get rid of a 2019.

or just finance through a local credit union.
(I got 3.125% for 60 months)

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Still doing 72 mon @ 3.99 for sure! I was told until end of the year. On the 19 X's anyway. not sure on R's.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Still doing 72 mon @ 3.99 for sure! I was told until end of the year. On the 19 X's anyway. not sure on R's.
Not bad! I just can't bring myself financing anything I can't write off as a farm credit and I don't have a farm! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!