P1000 Honda OEM or Armor Tech doors

S

springer9861

Oct 10, 2019
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been thinking about getting a set of solid doors for the 2019 1000-5 . I’ve looked at the oem Honda doors and Armor Tech. I like the roll up window in the Honda doors. Can’t ready tell much difference in them . Would like to hear from someone that has Honda and someone that has Armor Tech. Likes and dislikes. Thanks

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been thinking about getting a set of solid doors for the 2019 1000-5 . I’ve looked at the oem Honda doors and Armor Tech. I like the roll up window in the Honda doors. Can’t ready tell much difference in them . Would like to hear from someone that has Honda and someone that has Armor Tech. Likes and dislikes. Thanks
I’d be interested as well, I’d say you can’t go wrong with either from the looks of it f them, obviously the Honda’s are made to match up to other Honda accessories and the Armor Techs would need their configuration to work the best.

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SATV makes hard door ,but don't think they have windows either .if Honda OEM opened normal I would have a set but suicide no thank you

Reactions: Russ989
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just installed the Armor Tech full cab on my buddies rig, top, windshield, rear panel and doors. A week later I installed the Honda hard doors on mine. The Armor Tech stuff is extremely heavy and much harder to install. The Honda doors are also heavy duty but very easy to install. The Honda doors are overall much nicer in my opinion. Better fit and finish and seal up very nice.
Heres my write up.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did not have any use for the doors, but have been very happy with Armor Tech Roof, windshield and rear enclosure.

S

springer9861

Oct 10, 2019
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for you replies. I believe I will be ordering the OEM doors. Amre2: How long did it take to install the OEM doors on your's ?

Reactions: TripleB
H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have had the new Honda OEM doors since October and used them through the hunting seasons here in Minnesota. Spendy but worth it. Keeps the snow out now that the "Mattracks" are installed. Quiets the cab down just a little, good storage pockets and the light grey inside finish keeps things looking good. Still wish they weren't "suicide" style as the the safety strap keeping them from swinging too far open is a bit short so when your wearing heavy winter clothing I could use a wider opening otherwise I like the doors alot.

advertisement
Diyguy

Diyguy

Dec 5, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks hardwaterflyer. Looking at OEM doors.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
See this is your first post and no intro! 🧐
Welcome from the Hand between the Great Lakes!
PICS or it didnt happen!;)

about your doors, the early Honda OEM doors sucked, might as well had a bed sheet draped over youd have been better off.The newer design is better but ive heard pros and cons. I dont know about the other ones your asking about sorry.

The search on here is your friend, theres plenary of threads on here more than Carter has liver pills to get you all worked up about doors. I myself went with CEC enclosures. There not seperate doors, it a one pice full vinyl inclosure and is been very nice.

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When trailering make sure you lock the doors with the keys as I would'nt trust the safety strap to "save the door at 70."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!