P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Clutch Replacement - A How To Guide!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto someday we will all look back on this and laugh as it will have been attributable to something as simple as a .03 cent O-Ring!:rolleyes:
I hope that I'm not looking back on anything lol. But I hear ya.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm Sure you wont be! If you can make a Polaris last as long as you have with few or no issues you obviously have the hands of a surgeon!
I haven't made my Polaris do anything, it's performed, and it has a spin on oil filter. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw, I decided to keep my Polaris. So I'm going to see how far it goes.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Btw, I decided to keep my Polaris. So I'm going to see how far it goes.
Wish you the very best! I miss the old POPO Crew when it comes to brute force and just running over everything! People still talk about what it could do, or what I did with it! Oh good times!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wish you the very best! I miss the old POPO Crew when it comes to brute force and just running over everything! People still talk about what it could do, or what I did with it! Oh good times!
Right. I own the whole Honda set now, so I'm Honda thru and thru, but......... I have a great Polaris, and I'm ready to see how long it serves me.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm Sure you wont be! If you can make a Polaris last as long as you have with few or no issues you obviously have the hands of a surgeon!
Well, I for one won't be calling you for the next surgery! HA!

• Haha
Reactions: Biteme
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice write up CP where did you get your clutch pack I might be needing one
Paul

Oh s*** buddy I hope not but it's fairly easy swap My dealer has been treating me pretty good on these so that's been my source. Availability has been all over the place one minute there's 20 then next backorder so hopefully that's cleared up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the Great write up CP I just didn't plan on needing to use it so soon HaHa but that is what we all say

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the Great write up CP I just didn't plan on needing to use it so soon HaHa but that is what we all say
I'd sure rather a fun article rather then what it is.

Reactions: Biteme and pct
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Final Step - Posting about this guide!
If you found this guide useful please post and let me know. Not only does that show its usefulness, but it also bumps the post for other members to see and maybe we can save them some time and $$$ too!

If you need further help please post below.
If you see an error, mistake or something out of order or missing please let us know so it can be corrected.
Note: No claim of accuracy is made. The above is a guide based off my personal machine.
Great thread THANKS

Tbeast

Tbeast

May 16, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd sure rather a fun article rather then what it is.
Final Step - Posting about this guide!
If you found this guide useful please post and let me know. Not only does that show its usefulness, but it also bumps the post for other members to see and maybe we can save them some time and $$$ too!

If you need further help please post below.
If you see an error, mistake or something out of order or missing please let us know so it can be corrected.
Note: No claim of accuracy is made. The above is a guide based off my personal machine.
Hey cap thanks so much for the guidance! I bought a used pk1000-5 from a guy a few weeks back i didn't get to drive it very far when I test drove it but when I got home and took it for a real ride I knew the clutch was bad. I thought I was screwed!!! So I sat in the corner sucking my thumb and rocked back and forth for a few minutes then decided it wasn't going to fix itself and I can't afford a dealer. I researched the web and found your post and thank god for ppl like you! I just got it back together today! Thanks again!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey cap thanks so much for the guidance! I bought a used pk1000-5 from a guy a few weeks back i didn't get to drive it very far when I test drove it but when I got home and took it for a real ride I knew the clutch was bad. I thought I was screwed!!! So I sat in the corner sucking my thumb and rocked back and forth for a few minutes then decided it wasn't going to fix itself and I can't afford a dealer. I researched the web and found your post and thank god for ppl like you! I just got it back together today! Thanks again!
Kind of a jerk move to sell something with a known problem, he was probably just leery. Thanks for posting I assume all good back to ripping up trails?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!