Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Will the bed dump? Everytime you roll it without securing load.

How do I stop the dust? Drive in the rain.

Is the AC still functional? The faster you drive the better it works

Kinda surprised Smitty335 hasn't made Havok comparisons yet.
:p You still haven't gone to a Textron dealer have you? Hope Honda hits it out of the park with the Talon, I won't buy a first years model! Honda will have to put out a good rig to beat the Wildcat XX, hows that?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
:p You still haven't gone to a Textron dealer have you? Hope Honda hits it out of the park with the Talon, I won't buy a first years model! Honda will have to put out a good rig to beat the Wildcat XX, hows that?
You and your freaking Textron!
Don't make us start a poll to vote to ban you!

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have to admit that machine does look interesting and it’s running Yami but... Look at the quality issues and non testing problems the p1000 went through and realize it’s at least a Honda. I love my Pioneer because the bugs got worked out but some machines that’s not possible!
Most think first year won’t have issues because a company has learned things, well they do but a new machine is new problems. I probably wouldn’t buy first year again regardless, but I couldn’t be forced to buy one that’s not Yami or Honda. Just my 2 pennies.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
After feedback on the open air concept vehicle this is now required viewing by Honda auto engineers. Powersports side expressing a sigh of relief for themselves (for now) will know more 11/28

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have to admit that machine does look interesting and it’s running Yami but... Look at the quality issues and non testing problems the p1000 went through and realize it’s at least a Honda. I love my Pioneer because the bugs got worked out but some machines that’s not possible!
Most think first year won’t have issues because a company has learned things, well they do but a new machine is new problems. I probably wouldn’t buy first year again regardless, but I couldn’t be forced to buy one that’s not Yami or Honda. Just my 2 pennies.
Go look at some, if you are mechanically inclined as I know you are you will see a huge improvement over the RZR's in front A arm's and rear trailing arms, way stronger! Just go take a look and you will see what I've been yammering on about. I'm not getting rid of my P1-5!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Go look at some, if you are mechanically inclined as I know you are you will see a huge improvement over the RZR's in front A arm's and rear trailing arms, way stronger! Just go take a look and you will see what I've been yammering on about. I'm not getting rid of my P1-5!

Question, do you go on the rzrfourums,net and constantly post about your Pioneer and how they need to look at it so the know how to build a machine that doesn't go through bushings and bearings every 1500 miles?

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Buy 1 and let me drive it...:)

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
This sh*t just kills me. Seriously... Is this real, or a joke? If it's real, I'm completely flabbergasted! They've spent the time, money, staff, and parts, and made the effort to get through 6000 layers of bureaucracy to get approval to do something like this Ridgeline thing, and even more incredibly, a 130 m.p.h. lawnmower, but the new P500's get a couple new colors, and still no 50" machine to compete with anyone???... do they all smoke crack every morning? W T F ?!?! I'm starting to think this company hates winning... well, aside from the lawnmower.....:mad::rolleyes:..
I would love to have heard the meeting that got the approval for allocating the funds to build a 130 mph lawnmower.... "So, you want us to spend money to build the fastest lawnmower?" "Do you think that'll improve our lawnmower sales?" "Probably not, but it's really cool" " Sounds good, let's do it!" "So what about the Pioneer line, and our marine engines?" "Well we've gone all out on those product lines, and have some really exciting stuff!" "Really!?" "You bet- we did a huge market study, spent a lot of money y'know, and found out that all we needed to crush the competition is more colors!" "That's it!?!" "I know, right!?" "So, we added White to our flagship outboards, and two new colors to the Pioneer lines!!" "Wow, you guys knocked it outta the park!" "The competition is getting caught flat-footed this time!" "We're going to put in for substantial bonuses for the whole team"! "Outstanding work everyone!......." "Now let's go smoke some more crack, and just sit back and enjoy our sky-rocketing sales"!!
The Talon's gonna have to be insanely outstanding for Honda to pull anyone away from the competition, or even be more than a blip in the market radar...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This sh*t just kills me. Seriously... Is this real, or a joke? If it's real, I'm completely flabbergasted! They've spent the time, money, staff, and parts, and made the effort to get through 6000 layers of bureaucracy to get approval to do something like this Ridgeline thing, and even more incredibly, a 130 m.p.h. lawnmower, but the new P500's get a couple new colors, and still no 50" machine to compete with anyone???... do they all smoke crack every morning? W T F ?!?! I'm starting to think this company hates winning... well, aside from the lawnmower.....:mad::rolleyes:..
I would love to have heard the meeting that got the approval for allocating the funds to build a 130 mph lawnmower.... "So, you want us to spend money to build the fastest lawnmower?" "Do you think that'll improve our lawnmower sales?" "Probably not, but it's really cool" " Sounds good, let's do it!" "So what about the Pioneer line, and our marine engines?" "Well we've gone all out on those product lines, and have some really exciting stuff!" "Really!?" "You bet- we did a huge market study, spent a lot of money y'know, and found out that all we needed to crush the competition is more colors!" "That's it!?!" "I know, right!?" "So, we added White to our flagship outboards, and two new colors to the Pioneer lines!!" "Wow, you guys knocked it outta the park!" "The competition is getting caught flat-footed this time!" "We're going to put in for substantial bonuses for the whole team"! "Outstanding work everyone!......." "Now let's go smoke some more crack, and just sit back and enjoy our sky-rocketing sales"!!
The Talon's gonna have to be insanely outstanding for Honda to pull anyone away from the competition, or even be more than a blip in the market radar...
Ok, I have to defend their push mowers. We have a HRX217. I have never used a smoother rolling , more comfortable mower in my life. I had a high end commercial toro, and it doesn't hold a flame to the Honda. I am impressed with the engineering time spent on airflow of the deck. This is the first mower I have ever seen that packs the grass catcher fully. Most won't put more in the bag after 2/3rds full. This thing just packs more and more clippings in it.

advertisement