highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Guys, i just signed up my small company, 10-80 Dirt Sports, as a supporting vendor. My company started with selling R2C filters locally and online. I’ve sold a bunch of these filters for different makes and have used them myself for several years on RZR 800, ACE 900, and RZR S1000 with no problems. I’ve not had one customer complain about the filters.

I'd like to offer these new Honda Talon Air Filter Kits to forum members.

I’ll be adding more Honda items to my website as I build more supplier connections and parts become available.

**SUNF tires for Pioneers are listed on the forum in their respective machine categories.

Please check me out online & read our story page. I’ll be happy to assist anyone the best way I can. Looking forward to doing business with some Honda folks. Thank you all in advance!!

OR10551 AIR BOX

OR10550

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Overall I find this entire filter box design lacking and unlike Honda. Their ATV air filter designs have always been superior to everyone else allowing for easy maintenance. A couple of the talon air box latches are hard to get your fingers on to snap closed.

I’d say my rzr s1000 Filter box was much more user friendly. Two quick air box straps and one hose clamp on R2C filter, none on OEM. A filter change literally took less than a minute.

Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Only tools required for filter change are 5mm Allen wrench to remove OEM screws and a #2 Phillips screw driver to install R2C mounting flange. Easy.
So OEM filter is about $50 for one time use. The R2C filter kit is $125 and the filter is cleanable and reusable. Doesn’t take long to pay for itself and provide better filtration.
If you’re interested in a filter kit please visit us at 10-80dirtsports.com.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any thoughts on making one for the Pioneer 1000?

Reactions: Isaiah
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Haven’t heard anything from R2C about a pioneer 1000 air filter but I have sent that question to them. I’ve looked at pics and the pioneer filter shape is odd, different than talon.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
The R2C filter kit is $125 and the filter is cleanable and reusable. Doesn’t take long to pay for itself and provide better filtration.

Any particular cleaning solution recommended, or are there any cleaning solutions to avoid that might damage the filter media? Does this filter get oiled? If so, would something like No Toil work?

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
Only tools required for filter change are 5mm Allen wrench to remove OEM screws and a #2 Phillips screw driver to install R2C mounting flange. Easy.
So OEM filter is about $50 for one time use. The R2C filter kit is $125 and the filter is cleanable and reusable. Doesn’t take long to pay for itself and provide better filtration.
If you’re interested in a filter kit please visit us at 10-80dirtsports.com.
I just ordered a filter from your site and the price listed is more than 125.00

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Let me clarify this. I do not want to ever appear deceitful in anyway, especially in this business.

The filters are $125, that's the minimum price I'm allowed to sell for. My website provider doesn't yet allow for flat rate shipping on individual items so shipping is included in all the prices you see. In this case, I've added $4.95 for shipping, which does not even cover half the actual shipping cost but does help.

For forum members, I'll offer a coupon code for the price of $125. However, you must send me a conversation to receive the coupon code. Otherwise posting that info publicly, will allow anyone to use the discount. This is how other vendors handle discounts on other forums.

Thanks for the orders gentlemen. Look forward to continued business with the members of this forum. And this is the only forum I'm currently selling on.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
R2C Filter testing data that i shared in a P1000 thread. Thought the Talon guys would find interesting also.

The very first item I began selling for my business is R2C air filters. I used one on my RZR 800 and was very impressed with the R2C performance considering the crappy 800 intake system. The filter worked!

Being a technical person like many other fine people here, I found testing info from R2C's website that will show filtering capabilities compared to several other brands.

Engine air filter testing webpage link

Screen shots of the webpage:

View attachment 197101

View attachment 197102

A different webpage:
View attachment 197104

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
R2C and OEM comparison
View attachment 188594
OEM filter element pleats are 1” tall
I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the exposed surface area of each filter? The stock filter looks to be about 14" x 7" = 98 sq. in. What is the R2c?

2. Since you mentioned that the OEM pleats are 1" tall, what are the R2c's?

3. Less easy to measure but maybe available - what is the actual surface area of each filter?

Reactions: Lil_Steve
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have a couple of questions.

1. What is the exposed surface area of each filter? The stock filter looks to be about 14" x 7" = 98 sq. in. What is the R2c?

2. Since you mentioned that the OEM pleats are 1" tall, what are the R2c's?

3. Less easy to measure but maybe available - what is the actual surface area of each filter?

Specs sent by R2C to dealers state:
  • 2.5 times more filter media than stock panel filter.
  • Filter media design specifically for off-road applications
  • Air flow resistance across filter is lower than the OEM panel filter
  • Higher filtration efficiency than OEM panel filter
  • Cleanable with compressed air
  • Water replant
Pleat measurement is 1.75" tall.

Those are all the specs I have to provide.

Reactions: CID and Isaiah
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
R2c filter install tip,,,, I really am pleased with the filter and how it performs but when I put it in position to install and lay the metal hold down flange on top of the filter I found that I have to wrestle around with it to align up the screw holes and tend to cross thread the hold down screws. Adding to the aggravation I of course need to lean over the cargo area to access the filter.

I just went to a hardware store and bought screws that are the same size as the hold down screws about a inch and half long. I cut the heads off and before I install the filter and plate I install the headless screws loosely and they become alignment screws for the filter. I drop the filter and plate on and take out one screw and install the hold down screw and do the others the same way,,easy as pie and no more fiddling around aligning up the filter and plate making filter clean out and re install quick and easy.

Ride On

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!