highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Mine was slightly misaligned also. I just left all the screws very loose until i got each one started in threads. I'll forward this info to R2C and find out if they have made or plan to make any revisions to the mounting flange. It's not completely off alignment but could be closer.

Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
R2C says they have received only these 2 complaints but will open the hole diameters a little to ease installation. That's proactive. Thanks for the input.

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
R2C says they have received only these 2 complaints but will open the hole diameters a little to ease installation. That's proactive. Thanks for the input.
My flange was a tad off making the last screw wanting to cross thread every time I installed it. That problem and irritant was the reason I put studs in the screw holes and installed the filter and flange plate over the studs and then removed them one at a time and installed the supplied hold down screws. That holds the filter in place during the installation as well.

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Since the engine all seems to be the same, can I assume this will work on the 1000X4?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Wanted to share some recent pics with everyone. These are from my talon X.

I installed my R2C filter at about 230 miles. The following pics were taken at 600 miles.

Air box side
91B5EDE4 BAC4 4EC5 BF0F 55BF8752433B

clean side
DA52CC70 E958 4D3F 9517 698E50E4E24A

Intake throats closeup

3A55D701 D565 4BC1 BD7A 893E0F07943D

my father in law changed his OEM filter at 215 miles and it was absolutely filthy! And we always ride together.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Just installed mine.
fit great.

AA43CD7A 119F 44F9 9A8E 4C8D01694613

replaced this.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks for everyone who purchased their R2C Talon air filter kits from me.

Those still needing an air filter kit PM me for a small discount and free shipping. These are hot sellers to replace the OEM air filter.

Reactions: MFG
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Mine was slightly misaligned also. I just left all the screws very loose until i got each one started in threads. I'll forward this info to R2C and find out if they have made or plan to make any revisions to the mounting flange. It's not completely off alignment but could be closer.

First time I removed the R2C filter to clean it everything went back in place with no problems.

Last edited:
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Let me clarify this. I do not want to ever appear deceitful in anyway, especially in this business.

The filters are $125, that's the minimum price I'm allowed to sell for. My website provider doesn't yet allow for flat rate shipping on individual items so shipping is included in all the prices you see. In this case, I've added $4.95 for shipping, which does not even cover half the actual shipping cost but does help.

For forum members, I'll offer a coupon code for the price of $125. However, you must send me a conversation to receive the coupon code. Otherwise posting that info publicly, will allow anyone to use the discount. This is how other vendors handle discounts on other forums.

Thanks for the orders gentlemen. Look forward to continued business with the members of this forum. And this is the only forum I'm currently selling on.
can you send a code to: [email protected] thanks.

N

nobeer141

May 16, 2020
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
They may seem like a odd question but can you tighten the screws in the plate too much? Directions say snug than tighten half turn. Worried about rubber flange buckling between screws. Everyone's udea of snug or tight is different.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They may seem like a odd question but can you tighten the screws in the plate too much? Directions say snug than tighten half turn. Worried about rubber flange buckling between screws. Everyone's udea of snug or tight is different.
I was concerned about it sealing. After I received it, and looked at it. The O ring Grove is deeper than the O ring diameter. So it will seal in two places, if that makes sense. The gasket surface is pretty soft, and think it will compress well enough to seal. The aluminum ring that the screws go through is pretty thick, and did not buckle between the screws. I would suggest though, is when tightening the screws is start in the middle,going to oposite
Sides, and work out to the ends. Tightening evenly, a little at a time going over the screws several times. That's what I did, seemed to work well. I did a 200+ mile ride. Took the cover off, didn't see any dust in the cover. Hope that helps.

N

nobeer141

May 16, 2020
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
It does thank you. I did a little each t
ime around like you did. Lot of money riding on it sealing. Know what I'm saying.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Doesn't the R2C use the stock hat washers which allow full tightening of each screw? They also prevent pinching the edge of the filter.

Last edited:
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I understand the concern about this as well,,, I have been toying with putting studs in and leaving them installed and then tightening down with nylock nuts,,, this type of nut stays in place without putting a lot of torque on the studs. Any thoughts?

N

nobeer141

May 16, 2020
Chippewa falls wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just worry about the rubber puckering and letting dirt past the filter. One would think they designed taking all things into account. I like your idea but it still leaves the same question how tight is too tight?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!