CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I understand the concern about this as well,,, I have been toying with putting studs in and leaving them installed and then tightening down with nylock nuts,,, this type of nut stays in place without putting a lot of torque on the studs. Any thoughts?
I think it's a good idea and I may do the same to my engine oil and DCT filter covers - I don't like screwing steel fasteners into aluminum threads over and over and over.

I replaced the bolts with studs on my motorcycle filter cover for that reason.

Were bolts -
403 M

now studs, steel on steel.
IMG 2365 M

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just worry about the rubber puckering and letting dirt past the filter. One would think they designed taking all things into account. I like your idea but it still leaves the same question how tight is too tight?

I considered that with studs the rubber would not be as likely to pucker,,, at least it would be easier to hold the filter in place while installing it. What I do is coat the contact area with grease (belray) and tighten down the screws about 20 inch pounds and then check them after every extended ride. The grease works to keep dirt from getting under the rubber, additionally I grease the sealing area around the entire cover. Never a leak and if there was one the dirt would collect to the grease and I could visually see where the problem area was.

Reactions: CID
Bo_Darville

Bo_Darville

Jan 7, 2020
Cumming, GA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think it's a good idea and I may do the same to my engine oil and DCT filter covers - I don't like screwing steel fasteners into aluminum threads over and over and over.

I replaced the bolts with studs on my motorcycle filter cover for that reason.

Were bolts -
View attachment 218274

now studs, steel on steel.
View attachment 218275
I hate having to do the same thing. If you ever do install studs, PLEASE post a write up!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Reactions: Lil_Steve
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Gents, the Talon filter kits have been in high demand the over past month (Sept-Oct 2020). I had run out of stock quickly but thankfully R2C drop shipped for me from the warehouse...until the warehouse was depleted. Then shipping delays started happening for my orders while more filters were being made. THEN some big outfit bought up all the newly minted filters creating a second shipping delay for my orders! So, to prevent this in the immediate future I was finally able to order a case of these filter kits that should arrive on 10-17-20 (should!!). If any of you guys are interested I'll have a bunch of filters ON HAND and ready to SHIP QUICKLY so get your orders in. These filters continue to sell out crazy fast!!
Link to product page - click here
A Honda forum discount is still available for this filter kit. Send me a conversation for the code. Thanks!!

Reactions: CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Talon filter kits arrived via Fedex Saturday. The case of 8 is down to 3 in only 3 days!! Ordered another case today. Hot item!! Ran out of shipping boxes due to quick sells. Shipping boxes will be replinished by 10-21-20 and ready to ship again. More filters will be hear around 10-22-20.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Talon filter kits arrived via Fedex Saturday. The case of 8 is down to 3 in only 3 days!! Ordered another case today. Hot item!! Ran out of shipping boxes due to quick sells. Shipping boxes will be replinished by 10-21-20 and ready to ship again. More filters will be hear around 10-22-20.
We still need a P1 filter!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I haven’t been able to convince r2c to make one. Y’all need to email them requesting a filter kit. I already told r2c that the design would be similar to the talon.

I find it funny that K&N makes a pioneer filter but not a talon filter, while r2c makes a talon filter but not a pioneer filter.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
OR10551 kits are in stock as of today (11/10/20). I have a case of 8 available and ready to ship! These are the hottest selling filters I carry. They will not last long.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
OR10551 kits are in stock as of today (11/10/20). I have a case of 8 available and ready to ship! These are the hottest selling filters I carry. They will not last long.
Please get some P1 filters made!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
What will R2C do for a failed filter menbrane and a purchase for a new corrected style?
The few failures that I actually know of have been replaced for free. Contact R2C directly if you have a failed filter and be sure to include pictures of the failed part. They will handle this and ship a new filter to you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!