Waylan

IMG 8073

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same boat. Got the highlifter one and dont like it. I think im gonna do a stealth for now or through the hood. Worried about the noise in the cab with it behind the seat. My 700 increased noise having it in the cab.
Yea i am worried about the noise increase as well. I came from a Teryx and one of the things i love about the Honda is its low noise at low speed. Had to keep ear muffs on the kid when driving the Kawasaki.

If you do under the hood do you still plan on snorkling the vent lines? I hope to not have water really high but there are holes in the Red River. I normally wait until a couple of Polaris guys go first....they are always wanting to show off so I tend to let them find the deep holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yea i am worried about the noise increase as well. I came from a Teryx and one of the things i love about the Honda is its low noise at low speed. Had to keep ear muffs on the kid when driving the Kawasaki.

If you do under the hood do you still plan on snorkling the vent lines? I hope to not have water really high but there are holes in the Red River. I normally wait until a couple of Polaris guys go first....they are always wanting to show off so I tend to let them find the deep holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

absolutely raise the vent lines. I dont try to go deep with mine, but things happen. WV creeks can get pretty high haha. Im pretty sure ill do a snorkel through the hood at some point, but for now the stealth will do.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to do the Dragon21 radiator hose fix. That being said, after that addition, how deep can I safely go without having to worry about getting water in the front and rear diff's or the other areas of concern?

Reactions: sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Going to do the Dragon21 radiator hose fix. That being said, after that addition, how deep can I safely go without having to worry about getting water in the front and rear diff's or the other areas of concern?

I cant take credit for the radiator hose. I got it from someone else who did the leg work.

I would still run all your vent lines up for safety. I sure will be.

Reactions: AZhunter and sharp
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cant take credit for the radiator hose. I got it from someone else who did the leg work.

I would still run all your vent lines up for safety. I sure will be.

I'm sure there is a how to list referring to extending the vents for everything else on here but I haven't searched for it yet. But until I do extend those lines, what would you say a safe depth would be?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm sure there is a how to list referring to extending the vents for everything else on here but I haven't searched for it yet. But until I do extend those lines, what would you say a safe depth would be?

No deeper then front emblem and no wake be a safe bet. I sure hate saying all that though all it takes is one mistake to be very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the 20968 radiator hose and it won't slip over the neck on my Pioneer - just FYI.

Waylan

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered the 20968 radiator hose and it won't slip over the neck on my Pioneer - just FYI.

Waylan

So it's too small to fit over the air inlet? I have that model ordered and enroute. I guess Amazon will let you send it back hopefully.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 46154
Sorry this is it

I did order the same one of amazon you said won't fit because someone crossed referenced it. I believe others have used it but it is a right fit. I'll know more when I return home tomorrow from vacation and will let u know about the fit of mine

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Waylan

Im using the gates hose from amazon. Its tight but it fits. Have had it off an on a few times as well. rode all day yesterday with it and it worked good

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are u all removing spring inside of these hoses?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are u all removing spring inside of these hoses?

I left mine in. Helps to keep the hose shape and I put the stock filter in the end so it helps to hold it there

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!