P1000 Honda Water Ingestion Fix

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So somebody do me a favor would you please. Without me having to go back and spend who knows how much time researching all the many different creative ways to prevent this problem from happening, can somebody just tell me right off the top of their head what has been deemed the easiest and simplest way to handle this problem and maybe send me a link? Because the post above me sure does look cheap!!!! :)

J

JTW

This is about as simple as it gets.. it will be in the traveller 2 thread

IMG 1787 IMG 3197

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Without drilling a hole through the hood... LMAO!

Thought I remember coming across EASY solutions like just capping something off in the airbox or put in a piece of plastic as a divider or something like that... could be wrong.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Without drilling a hole through the hood... LMAO!

Thought I remember coming across EASY solutions like just capping something off in the airbox or put in a piece of plastic as a divider or something like that... could be wrong.

Radiator hose is probably the easiest that I've seen. Which is why I went with that

IMG 8203

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep!!!!!! That's the ticket!!! Mind
repeating what size hose it is and I'll see if Amazon has it :)

Or a link to that thread

I was able to purchase it from Rockauto for less than $20 shipped.
Gates 20968 $11.48 + shipping.
Google around for a 5% discount code.
I ordered this morning and just got an email saying it is shipped. I should have it Friday.
Amazon prime shows backordered for a few months.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was able to purchase it from Rockauto for less than $20 shipped.
Gates 20968 $11.48 + shipping.
Google around for a 5% discount code.
I ordered this morning and just got an email saying it is shipped. I should have it Friday.
Amazon prime shows backordered for a few months.

Almost done! I just need your username and password please so I can order it to your credit card on file. Thanks

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK guys I did the radiator hose mod but then I thought about something what happens when driving in the rain and water goes between the hood and the body lip. Any worry that the rain water would get ingested?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!