elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I just installed these new parts on my '16. I am actually fairly impressed with them. The block off plate has a foam gasket on it and unlike the original cover, the new one has a foam gasket that bears against the rib on the platform that it clips into. Not as good as a true snorkle, but one heck of an improvement over the original design.

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed these new parts on my '16. I am actually fairly impressed with them. The block off plate has a foam gasket on it and unlike the original cover, the new one has a foam gasket that bears against the rib on the platform that it clips into. Not as good as a true snorkle, but one heck of an improvement over the original design.
This is the best I can do... snorkels are illegal in Maine and the game wardens will check when they stop you.

Reactions: AZhunter
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
on my 2017 the MFD date is on the frame under the back of the bed you can see it over the rear passanger side tier the MFD is on the vin number tag in small print.
Thanks tbaker. I found it. Looks like May 2017
20170718 220341

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota

That's good to know. I just ordered the upgraded parts today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Radiator hose is probably the easiest that I've seen. Which is why I went with that

View attachment 47534

What size hose clamp is that?

And the more that I look at it, is anything really being achieved by doing it that way???

Doesn't seem to me it would do a whole lot of good depending on where the water goes when you happen to splash through it or plop in it and throw it up in that area?

I mean maybe, but only if because some kind of way, the water is being specifically channeled to the intake area because of the way it's all designed under there, but all in all it doesn't seem like its accomplishing too much??

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What size hose clamp is that?

And the more that I look at it, is anything really being achieved by doing it that way???

Doesn't seem to me it would do a whole lot of good depending on where the water goes when you happen to splash through it or plop in it and throw it up in that area?

I mean maybe, but only if because some kind of way, the water is being specifically channeled to the intake area because of the way it's all designed under there, but all in all it doesn't seem like its accomplishing too much??
It's sucking from the back rather then front so most splash will push by. Won't help swamping but will probably help the tire splash some.

Reactions: pct and AZhunter
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thinking I missed something, I went back through this whole thread and I haven't seen any kind of a part number or an order number for the entire retrofit kit?

The first couple of posts show separate part numbers but isn't there something like:
"2016 Honda Air Intake Retro Fit Kit?"

Or in CP's case
"2016 Honda Stuck It Up CP's Intake" kit?

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thinking I missed something, I went back through this whole thread and I haven't seen any kind of a part number or an order number for the entire retrofit kit?

The first couple of posts show separate part numbers but isn't there something like:
"2016 Honda Complete Air Intake Retro Fit Kit?"

Or in CP's case

Lmao you make me chuckle!

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank ya Bubba! Wondering now if some company is going to come along and clone it and start selling it like that?

If anybody read the pre-edited post it's because I looked at it and realized how difficult it would be for somebody to clone it on their own :)

Last edited:
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota

"2016 Honda Air Intake Retro Fit Kit?"

Or in CP's case

2fbc4361299f3017d461868138d33257B67cbba94d56dc04f40867d3c1d59cae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!