P1000 Honda Water Ingestion Fix

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't get mine to fit. Even put dish soap around the edge but rubber keeps deforming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, finally got it to fit. I chamfered the inner lip of the hose and soaped down the intake tube. Phew. It was a Booger.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, finally got it to fit. I chamfered the inner lip of the hose and soaped down the intake tube. Phew. It was a Booger.

Thanks for tips. Will install mine tomorrow

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered the radiator hose - 2 questions - 1st do you really need any type of filter in the end as the main filter should catch anyway. 2nd what did you guys do with the intake hole ( coming in from the front) - did you seal it up?

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered the radiator hose - 2 questions - 1st do you really need any type of filter in the end as the main filter should catch anyway. 2nd what did you guys do with the intake hole ( coming in from the front) - did you seal it up?

I left the end of mine open, as the prefilter is just for large debris anyway and now the new intake is up under my dash. As for the old intake opening, I just left it open. I didn't really sea a reason to waste time and energy sealing it up.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I used the OEM filter in the end of the hose, because why not? I didn't anything about the original hole.

advertisement
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I read somebody on here did that and it sucked it all the way to the filter

I think that was @Hondasxs

I haven't had an issue with it getting sucked down yet. Not sure if it's the spring inside that holds it or what.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya.. Made it all the way to the filter.
Run something to hold it and it should be OK....

But if it can suck it in then how much will it restrict by having it there?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I just don't see what you would suck in under the hood and a lot of the snorkel systems don't prefilter but if it's working for you why change

S

sargenthp

May 17, 2017
US
This is what I ended up ordering (Hopefully it all will fit)...

Gates 20968 Coolant Hose
Vibrant 12053 Joiner Coupling
Uni Filter 2-stage Angle Pod Filter 70mm I.d. X 102mm Length Up4275ast

Plus some 3" worm hose clamps. Plan to post pics when it is in.
I ended up swapping the worm clamp from the filter for where the hose goes over the intake (BTW... Fun getting the hose over the intake... Added a little grease to make it slide a little).

Have not noticed any changes in sound, or performance. 2b4fee75a4f8af2316dd013c5ca187eeB02b724fcf6192981b0fa3561de4bca9

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been awhile since I have read threads. Personal issues have taken control of my life!!!

Was thinking of trading in on a 2017 and logged on to see what others thought about
it and saw this!!! I think I will wait for the upgrade to be done at the factory.

But... the solution is AT THE OWNERS EXPENSE????? My God, has Honda gone insane???? YES!!!

Probably afraid if offered for free it will be considered a recall and if considered a recall then lawsuits will ensue, so let's just call it an available "upgrade and option"

This way you see, we can say it is an "issue" and not a "DEFECT" and offer a solution while not being sued from it!

Thing is, we ALL KNOW BETTER HONDA!!!

If that isn't the ultimate insult, to FINALLY admit it and then charge to correct it,
I don't know what is!!

CP old buddy? SUE THE EVER LIVING PISS OUT OF THEM, if for any other reason, for having to endure the looks and remarks about how you did something with that unit you were not supposed to, because we didn't do anything wrong, CP did something wrong.

SMH at this world. In disgust I should add...

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
IMO, their "fix" isnt something i would want anyway even if it was free. I think the other options that members on this forum have done are much better anyway.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMO, their "fix" isnt something i would want anyway even if it was free. I think the other options that members on this forum have done are much better anyway.

Just got done taking a look at that and comparing and you know what? You're absolutely correct!!!

Which means? Some of the guys here are smarter than the engineers :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been awhile since I have read threads. Personal issues have taken control of my life!!!

Was thinking of trading in on a 2017 and logged on to see what others thought about
it and saw this!!! I think I will wait for the upgrade to be done at the factory.

But... the solution is AT THE OWNERS EXPENSE????? My God, has Honda gone insane???? YES!!!

Probably afraid if offered for free it will be considered a recall and if considered a recall then lawsuits will ensue, so let's just call it an available "upgrade and option"

This way you see, we can say it is an "issue" and not a "DEFECT" and offer a solution while not being sued from it!

Thing is, we ALL KNOW BETTER HONDA!!!

If that isn't the ultimate insult, to FINALLY admit it and then charge to correct it,
I don't know what is!!

CP old buddy? SUE THE EVER LIVING PISS OUT OF THEM, if for any other reason, for having to endure the looks and remarks about how you did something with that unit you were not supposed to, because we didn't do anything wrong, CP did something wrong.

SMH at this world. In disgust I should add...
Well...lol. Good to hear from you Plumber! Sorry about life getting in the way feel free to bug me don't be a stranger please.
I think Honda could've done better here and admit the miscalculations in design. After owning a couple and knowing what I know though I agree with Dragon here and say we've come up with better things anyways, maybe we wouldn't have had to if things were different but we did. I now like the snorkel but partially because it's in recognition of the fallen.

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maine law states NO SNORKLES....
Inked20170624 084225 LI

Trying to stay out of trouble with law and keep machine safe.
Last ride I found water drops in pre-filter housing after driving through water less than 1 ft. at moderate speed !!!
Small price to pay for peace of mind!

advertisement