P1000 How far do you drive on streets before trails?

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

Assuming it's legal, how far are you comfortable driving to get from wherever your base camp is, whether a house, RV park, camp etc. to the trails or forest roads?

Another way of looking at it is at what distance do you decide to tow your Pioneer 1000 vs. drive it?

Thanks,

S

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I live in SE Ky I try to avoid the 4 lanes but we’re good to go here. It’s a couple miles on a two lane blacktop before I hit dirt to get to my usual hunting spots. Others are 8 to 10 miles. Just about anywhere you want to go here has a long and a short way to get there. The short way involves a blacktop road that goes around the mountain and wears tires. The long way is a dirt or gravel road that goes through the mountains takes much more time but is far more enjoyable ride.

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Live on a dirt road with direct access to BLM land at the property line of my back yard, many miles of dirt trails, when I fuel my Pioneer I drive pavement for 2 miles to the closest gas station

Reactions: Lady01
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My p1k5 is street legal and has a license plate.

I can legally drive it on any road except the interstate.

If I couldn’t keep up with traffic I’d be trailering it most of the way.

In the areas I ride, it may be several miles of highway between trail heads.

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
From my garage, 3 1/2 miles of 35, and 55mph paved road to Sand Hollow. Pioneer 1000 handles it well. From there unlimited trails in any direction except north.
I have been installing required items, DOT tires, turn signals, and a horn. All's I need yet is a illuminated license plate holder and I am legal for street tags in Utah. I have noticed that no one cares if you have tags or not. About 1/3 don't have tags, lots of little kids on the street! Turn signals are important for safety and courtesy. Seams many drivers don't know hand signals.

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!