P500 How I mounted an 8" Tablet with limited dash space

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Since the P-500 has limited dash space, especially with the @Chooglin glove box and NOAM NUTV5 interface on about the only flat area of dash left, I needed to get creative on a place to mount my 8" tablet.
A few months back I saw where @JACKAL had recommended the Akron locking forklift tablet mount.
What's funny is Amazon sells the forklift version for $82.25 (now on sale for $80.85) here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMFM4CS/?tag=sxsweb24-20
As far as I can tell it is the same mount they offer without the forklift bracket for $99.95, so I got the forklift version and didn't use the clamp bracket.

So to mount this I filled the area next to the speedo/info center with Marine-Tex epoxy and inserted a 1/8" thick piece of aluminum flat stock in the epoxy putty as it was curing. I also added backing on the under side.

The mount does jiggle a bit but I think it will be fine on the trail - here is a short video review I made.
> Camera was hand held.
> Lifetime trailmap view in video is not tracking as I was not in a covered area.
> Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 32Gb onboard tablet and a 32Gb micro SD card should be enough storage for map routes and music.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since the P-500 has limited dash space, especially with the @Chooglin glove box and NOAM NUTV5 interface on about the only flat area of dash left, I needed to get creative on a place to mount my 8" tablet.
A few months back I saw where @JACKAL had recommended the Akron locking forklift tablet mount.
What's funny is Amazon sells the forklift version for $82.25 (now on sale for $80.85) here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMFM4CS/?tag=sxsweb24-20
As far as I can tell it is the same mount they offer without the forklift bracket for $99.95, so I got the forklift version and didn't use the clamp bracket.

So to mount this I filled the area next to the speedo/info center with Marine-Tex epoxy and inserted a 1/8" thick piece of aluminum flat stock in the epoxy putty as it was curing. I also added backing on the under side.

The mount does jiggle a bit but I think it will be fine on the trail - here is a short video review I made.
> Camera was hand held.
> Lifetime trailmap view in video is not tracking as I was not in a covered area.
> Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 32Gb onboard tablet and a 32Gb micro SD card should be enough storage for map routes and music.
Looks really good!

Reactions: DaddyDubbs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!