P500 How I mounted an 8" Tablet with limited dash space

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Since the P-500 has limited dash space, especially with the @Chooglin glove box and NOAM NUTV5 interface on about the only flat area of dash left, I needed to get creative on a place to mount my 8" tablet.
A few months back I saw where @JACKAL had recommended the Akron locking forklift tablet mount.
What's funny is Amazon sells the forklift version for $82.25 (now on sale for $80.85) here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMFM4CS/?tag=sxsweb24-20
As far as I can tell it is the same mount they offer without the forklift bracket for $99.95, so I got the forklift version and didn't use the clamp bracket.

So to mount this I filled the area next to the speedo/info center with Marine-Tex epoxy and inserted a 1/8" thick piece of aluminum flat stock in the epoxy putty as it was curing. I also added backing on the under side.

The mount does jiggle a bit but I think it will be fine on the trail - here is a short video review I made.
> Camera was hand held.
> Lifetime trailmap view in video is not tracking as I was not in a covered area.
> Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 32Gb onboard tablet and a 32Gb micro SD card should be enough storage for map routes and music.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since the P-500 has limited dash space, especially with the @Chooglin glove box and NOAM NUTV5 interface on about the only flat area of dash left, I needed to get creative on a place to mount my 8" tablet.
A few months back I saw where @JACKAL had recommended the Akron locking forklift tablet mount.
What's funny is Amazon sells the forklift version for $82.25 (now on sale for $80.85) here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMFM4CS/?tag=sxsweb24-20
As far as I can tell it is the same mount they offer without the forklift bracket for $99.95, so I got the forklift version and didn't use the clamp bracket.

So to mount this I filled the area next to the speedo/info center with Marine-Tex epoxy and inserted a 1/8" thick piece of aluminum flat stock in the epoxy putty as it was curing. I also added backing on the under side.

The mount does jiggle a bit but I think it will be fine on the trail - here is a short video review I made.
> Camera was hand held.
> Lifetime trailmap view in video is not tracking as I was not in a covered area.
> Samsung Galaxy Tab A with 32Gb onboard tablet and a 32Gb micro SD card should be enough storage for map routes and music.
Looks really good!

Reactions: DaddyDubbs