Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey, I like potatoes, wouldn't compare them to something stupid, maybe beets, HA!
I don't like politics or talking politics, kind of weird though, History shows Rep's uses't to have the Dem's stance and vise versa, I really think politicians would sell there soul for office! Must be a lot of money in it! So? Vote! Let them know, we are alive!

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I vote but does me no good county road tax i voted for that has passed last two time ,but nothing spent in my corner A5f84f126bda7c6417d1ad194f04c74dEc3ee84ed0a4e791ff94f4b0f06cfd0254ca7801f1d037afd3fa046ed012ad5d

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've given our system some thought over my short number of years, I'd like to propose we make a few changes to it....

1) Every public office gets an average pay of its constituents. Local at the local level clear up to the president getting a national average.
2) Every public office would have term limits. Not advocating something crazy short, but nothing more than say 12 years of service and all positions count towards that. If you start at the local level you get 2 years max. If you get promoted to the state level you get another 5 years max. If you get promoted to national you get yourself another 5 years max. We could play with the overall max and the levels and improve this but I think it would clearly be better than how we handle it today.
3) Benefits are only paid to active public officials. Zero retirement plan beyond a 401k and that wouldn't even have matching funds deposited.
4) Voting is mandatory for the elected officials and as this is a truly a republic we operate under a method for quick feedback for the elected officials to hear from their constituents how they should vote on each matter. It would be easy to do this with technology available to us today. Hell American Idol has done it for years (and sadly gets more votes than even the presidential years if memory serves). Issue votes could be sent out weekly. You have 48 hours to cast your vote to your representative.
5) Remove all party tags completely. No one agrees with their "party" all the time anyway unless they blindly follow. I'd just as soon not have blind followers.
6) Voting in congress is done on an issue by issue basis only. I don't have "the" answer of how to do this with the actual budget, but there are plenty of things that get wrapped together that have no reason to be. Maybe each candidate votes for the order of the top 100 (or whatever) budget items and then the aggregate of that sets the order the budget is gone through in line item detail for a dollar amount assignment. Budget of the year is X if they only make it through 80% of the items they want to budget they get two chances to adjust the the numbers above, but once the total budget dollars are allocated then everything else is shelved until the next quarterly budget meeting (or whatever).
7) All laws and issues are wrote in plain English. If more than 20% of a panel of say average IQ 5th graders can't understand it then it is automatically eliminated from this weeks voter poll. If it can't be explained in terms an average 10 year old can understand then maybe we have a secondary panel of 16-18 year old's that can review it and it be allowed back on the voter poll.

Not suggesting I have all the answers or this is an all inclusive list, but I think these could be some relatively easy things to weed out anyone in it for themselves rather than the greater good of the nation.

Crime and punishment (I've posted elsewhere on some ideas there as well, but I recently thought of this one so I'm including it here) ... Any fines as part of punishments are a % of gross income. Parking ticket for someone making minimum wage stings the wallet the same way it does for someone making six or seven figures a year. Couple that with an increasing incentive to learn with subsequent offenses and they start including hard labor for a third offense. Bet your bottom dollar no one parks in a handicap spot (or whatever) a third time.

One man's opinion and definitely open to improvement ;)

And they get the same health care plan, Medicare

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I vote but does me no good county road tax i voted for that has passed last two time ,but nothing spent in my corner View attachment 80091View attachment 80092View attachment 80093

Call your township trustee (or whatever they call them in your area). Most of the time I don't believe things aren't left in bad shape on purpose. They just don't drive those roads and no one on them ever clues them in to the shape they are in. Not advocating calling every week or being a jerk about it of course, but a friendly conversation to let them know can go a long way.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere and there was plenty of equipment among all the neighbors. The township was grateful to drop a load of stone and let us go at the worst of it if they were busy elsewhere with a project. I like the convenience of the "city", but I miss the help each other out mentality of the country.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Call your township trustee (or whatever they call them in your area). Most of the time I don't believe things aren't left in bad shape on purpose. They just don't drive those roads and no one on them ever clues them in to the shape they are in. Not advocating calling every week or being a jerk about it of course, but a friendly conversation to let them know can go a long way.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere and there was plenty of equipment among all the neighbors. The township was grateful to drop a load of stone and let us go at the worst of it if they were busy elsewhere with a project. I like the convenience of the "city", but I miss the help each other out mentality of the country.
We had our own special road district back years ago the county bought us up dissolved our equipment and then just forgot about our corner of the county my whole family all the neighbors we've all tried but nothing's been accomplished they make promises and excuses that they don't know what to do with the road but the funny part is we have one section it's about a mile of road that 14 families use and we can't get anything done but yet the same road to the east has one new house on it and that road has been graveled twice in the last 2 years and then a mile to the north and back to the West they completely redid and gravel a mile and a half that may be eight people live on . I'm about ready to call the news crew

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We had our own special road district back years ago the county bought us up dissolved our equipment and then just forgot about our corner of the county my whole family all the neighbors we've all tried but nothing's been accomplished they make promises and excuses that they don't know what to do with the road but the funny part is we have one section it's about a mile of road that 14 families use and we can't get anything done but yet the same road to the east has one new house on it and that road has been graveled twice in the last 2 years and then a mile to the north and back to the West they completely redid and gravel a mile and a half that may be eight people live on . I'm about ready to call the news crew

I see where your coming from for sure. I'd definitely be turning up my jerk meter in that case. I'm not above treating a-holes like a-holes after giving them a fair shake. Start your 14 family campaign to get it fixed or get the people responsible out of office. Post cards or just signs are relatively cheap to canvas the county in. Just make sure it can't be a defamation case. ;)

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see where your coming from for sure. I'd definitely be turning up my jerk meter in that case. I'm not above treating a-holes like a-holes after giving them a fair shake. Start your 14 family campaign to get it fixed or get the people responsible out of office. Post cards or just signs are relatively cheap to canvas the county in. Just make sure it can't be a defamation case. ;)
I try to be a nice guy but after this flood washed out our road and we drove on it 6 months the school called 3 times because of bus route and I caught them on east side of road with flip down brush hog I went ape s*** ,still took a month just to get it back to normal crap .After I had already taken my tractor and loader down there and leveled out creek gravel rows across road .worst part is they collected FEMA money on it and they haven't done anything that was year ago in April A34c1ce0968e67843886d254dc798f7771ffc6178844ff13d01c0b8c1a5506427466d91f3414fc600e5c295cb6571854

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I try to be a nice guy but after this flood washed out our road and we drove on it 6 months the school called 3 times because of bus route and I caught them on east side of road with flip down brush hog I went ape s*** ,still took a month just to get it back to normal crap .After I had already taken my tractor and loader down there and leveled out creek gravel rows across road .worst part is they collected FEMA money on it and they haven't done anything that was year ago in April View attachment 80126View attachment 80127View attachment 80128

Hmmm....I wonder if there is a FEMA abuse hotline. Tell them you are sending pics to it and the Government Accountability Office and the Fleecing of America (assuming NBC still has that on their newscast) and any other such things you can find and you'd be happy to copy them on the emails if they don't get out there and get it taken care of. If you do some quick asking of my friend Mr. Go Ogle I'm sure you can find tip lines and potential penalties they could face to include in your last "friendly" notice to them.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hmmm....I wonder if there is a FEMA abuse hotline. Tell them you are sending pics to it and the Government Accountability Office and the Fleecing of America (assuming NBC still has that on their newscast) and any other such things you can find and you'd be happy to copy them on the emails if they don't get out there and get it taken care of. If you do some quick asking of my friend Mr. Go Ogle I'm sure you can find tip lines and potential penalties they could face to include in your last "friendly" notice to them.
I was wondering about taking that route

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Something occurred to me recently:
The millenials seem to be willing to give up there freedoms in exchange for what? Safety, Protection, Comfort?

Many have lived with divorce and/or bad parenting. They are broken and scared because nothing is stable. They can't depend on the family and God was removed before they ever got old enough to start school.

They are looking for something to protect them from an ever crumbling world. Government protection, housing, handouts, welfare etc...
That's what they are seeing in the Democrat propaganda.

The Republican platform says be your own boss, Live your life your way, Don't expect anything from the government and be responcible for your own destiny.

Millennials are to insecure for that ideology. And that's our (the older generations) fault.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Republican platform says be your own boss, Live your life your way, Don't expect anything from the government and be responcible for your own destiny.

Millennials are to insecure for that ideology. And that's our (the older generations) fault.
NO, it is not our/my fault, the fault lies with THEIR parents. I did not raise mine THAT way.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Its not my fault. I grew up in a 2 bedroom trailer where 5 kids slept in one room. We where taught to work for what you want/need. people need to stop blaming others for their problems. Take responsibility and be accountable. I will agree that society and left have created this problem. I don't like F'n whiners. Never did and never will.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!