P1000 How small?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I got an unusual question. I am thinking of getting an enclosed trailer and having a hard time finding any around here that would fit my rig. So what is the smallest cheapest wheel tire combo available to just switch so it would fit in a trailer for travel.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honestly, it is probably cheaper in the long run to order an enclosed trailer with extra height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got an unusual question. I am thinking of getting an enclosed trailer and having a hard time finding any around here that would fit my rig. So what is the smallest cheapest wheel tire combo available to just switch so it would fit in a trailer for travel.

Got a set of atvs tires and wheels that are 18” tall. Came off a 250R. Bolt patten looks close.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enclosed trailers are overrated for off road vehicles, unless you have other needs for one.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enclosed trailers are overrated for off road vehicles, unless you have other needs for one.
Thats why i was thinking live stock comb trailer they make some nice ones up to 7 1/2 tall Lakota make a sweet 24'

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats why i was thinking live stock comb trailer they make some nice ones up to 7 1/2 tall Lakota make a sweet 24'

Screenshot 2017 06 02 20 41 57 Screenshot 2017 04 22 22 02 30

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I would rather have enclosed to be able to store on the tools spare parts ect the I have to load and unload for every trip. It would save a significant amount of space in my shop as well and I can sleep in the trailer. The reason for wheels and tires would be I can find a lot of used trailers vs buy a horse trailer, toy hauler or new trailer. Usually it's just me 90 percent of the time I travel and ride so it doesn't need to be nice lol.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would rather have enclosed to be able to store on the tools spare parts ect the I have to load and unload for every trip. It would save a significant amount of space in my shop as well and I can sleep in the trailer. The reason for wheels and tires would be I can find a lot of used trailers vs buy a horse trailer, toy hauler or new trailer. Usually it's just me 90 percent of the time I travel and ride so it doesn't need to be nice lol.

Given that info, suggest you start trolling racingjunk.com. If you take some time, you can find a used trailer with extra height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can yoy let the tire down enough to fit it in . How much shorter do you need

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Can yoy let the tire down enough to fit it in . How much shorter do you need

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Well I don't have a trailer yet, so I am not sure its about 84-86 inches tall as it sits now. I think Im gonna find some old stock wheels and just run out air and see how low I can get it. Depends on which trailer I find cheap first

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grab a set of 12” wheels. Screw the tires like they do slicks in drag racing to reduce the risk of breaking the bead.

Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Unless you live in the snow belt ! When you trailer in the winter your machine gets covered with slush and road salt and sand. I'd like to find an enclosed that my P1000-5 with tracks would fit in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!