I bought a Pioneer

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
shenandoahhonda said:
Also have one new red '12 Big Red remaining for $9600. Only one left though.
I saw it in person today...BEAUTIFUL!!! I am biased as I have always thought the Big Red was the UTV world's 55 Chevy Belair. Whoever buys that Big Red needs to have Russell or your Parts Mgr. show them that wheel/tire combo we looked at today.

S

shenandoahhonda

Aug 26, 2013
shenandoahhonda said:
Also have one new red '12 Big Red remaining for $9600. Only one left though.

SOLD!!!

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Glad you found Big Red a home, but what is going up on the hill now?

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Still no word on the actual shipping date for the red 4. I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow but it was pushed back possibly up to 2 weeks..does anyone else have this issue?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Yes red, I just talked to my dealer. He said it is supposed to be at his store sept 4th but that was not guarenteed.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
red4life said:
Still no word on the actual shipping date for the red 4. I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow but it was pushed back possibly up to 2 weeks..does anyone else have this issue?
Yep. same story from 3 other dealers in the NC/SC/TN area. They said now they expect the Pioneer 2 in befor the 4.
I wonder what the hold up is on the 4's.... Its not "damage from transit" if it was why is the 2 not getting damaged?

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
I heard from a Knoxville, TN dealer today, he stated that he had just recieved a 4 seater in green, he was not going to release it until after next saturday Sept 7(?) because he wants it on the floor for people to check it out. Thing is, him recieving a 4 seater contradicts what I heard from Greenville TN Powersports and Team Charlotte Powersports in Charlotte NC. Honda sales managers from both of those dealerships told me they had recieved two seaters today but were not being told any solid date on the fours. The Charlotte guy (same one that gave me the info on the shipping damage hold up) said Honda Corporate wants to wait until they can fill all the orders from their dealers at once. I guess they don't want anyone saying, "why do they get their customers taken care of and we can't" but the longer they wait the more they need.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Confirmed - Red Pioneer-4 and one 2 Seater made it to Louisiana today. The 4 is mine! :)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bugnbrian said:
I heard from a Knoxville, TN dealer today, he stated that he had just recieved a 4 seater in green, he was not going to release it until after next saturday Sept 7(?) because he wants it on the floor for people to check it out. Thing is, him recieving a 4 seater contradicts what I heard from Greenville TN Powersports and Team Charlotte Powersports in Charlotte NC. Honda sales managers from both of those dealerships told me they had recieved two seaters today but were not being told any solid date on the fours. The Charlotte guy (same one that gave me the info on the shipping damage hold up) said Honda Corporate wants to wait until they can fill all the orders from their dealers at once. I guess they don't want anyone saying, "why do they get their customers taken care of and we can't" but the longer they wait the more they need.

No one around my neck of the woods seems to know what is going on...Honda just keeps pushing the delivery date back.

Don't they realize all they have to do is show up and take my money???

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
My dealer called today to tell me he got a box full of pamphlets yesterday. Then my green 700 4 rolled in today!!! I went and test drove it, and WOW I love it. Bringing it home saturday morning if all goes well...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jealous.... I was hoping to have a chance to break mine in over the long weekend... Unless I get a miraculous call tomorrow I don't think that's gonna happen.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I'm told that my green 700-4 is coming in today, but as everyone here knows, delivery dates gets pushed back.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
It's official, picking up my 4 seater in the morning. Dealer in upstate NY.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just got my 2 seat pioneer yesterday in Gadsden ala. they got it in Friday. I live in north Georgia and I was wondering if anyone in Georgia has picked up their pioneer yet. just rode around the yard not going to ride alot until my swing arm guards get here on Wednesday and I put them on Thursday. it starts right up and has plenty of power and from what I can tell in the yard the ride is great and it looks tough. going to add a top next and some bigger tires and wheels and a after market front bumper when they come out. oh by the way my pioneer is green. the only thing you have to watch for is getting in and out where the front door bolts on there is a sharp edge and you will scrape the skin off of your knee if your not watching I am going to put a piece of rubber door trim that goes on a car door down this place and that should do the trick. other than that this is all I have noticed with no more riding time that I have done it looks great and turns great also can't wait to hit the woods.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics ... Spoke with my dealer yesterday .... "Supposedly" mine will be in Tuesday!

Goo to know....I might have to grind the sharp edge down if its too bad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 124
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
the piece I am talking about where we scraped the skin on our knee is made of plastic I don't know if grinding it down would look good. I will try to post some pictures but this is right where the door is bolted on in side the cab you will find it the first couple of times you get in and out if you are wearing a pair of shorts that's why I thought about putting a rubber piece on this. I am working night shift the rest of the weekend so don't have alot of time to check on stuff but next week hope to hit the woods.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Short review, as I only put around 30 miles on my pioneer 4. Very comfortable ride, even the back seats. More than sufficient power with smooth shifts. I took it on trails that we made years ago, just for atvs, and it was i tight fit, but the machine manuvered very well. I went through some small mud bogs on the trail and didn't even need 4wd. The brakes are great, the machine stops very well. As far as not having low range, its only a downfall when decending extreme slopes. Not once was there ever a lack of power, but coming down the steep hill, I did have to use the brakes in excess. Overall the machine is amazing, very user friendly, and I highly recommend waiting for this to make it to your dealer. I wil post more as I can.

red4life

red4life

Aug 13, 2013
Thank you for the review.. keep em coming. Wish there was a way to utilize engine braking. Overall it sounds excellent and makes me want mibe even more

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
The Pioneer's transmission does provide engine braking. Here's a paragraph from Honda:

Both Pioneer models are powered by Honda's proven 675cc liquid-cooled OHV single-cylinder four-stroke four-valve engine with Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) for spot-on fuel metering under a wide variety of operating conditions. This muscular yet smooth-operating powerplant delivers strong acceleration and good top speed, and it's coupled to an automotive-style Honda automatic transmission that features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature for optimum performance. Also, on downhill slopes the transmission provides positive engine braking that supplements the hydraulic disc brakes for slowing power, technology that is superior to side-by-sides with electronic engine braking systems that can result in inconsistent performance in real-world conditions.

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Ya... The Rincon had engine braking too but it was not enough for steep down hill descent. With the Pioneer being a bit lower geared I'm sure it will act the same way. But even then, I'm not sure it will be slow enough for most people's liking.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!