P1000 I can't take 1 more damn flat! Help please!

N

noisewater

Aug 3, 2017
west michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OP, I noticed your location of West Michigan. I have ridden MANY thousands of miles in west Michigan on numerous ATVs and motorcycles over a 25+ year period. Never had a problem with flats. I realize that doesn't help you much, but I just don't see the sand being the problem. It sounds like you have tried a lot of different things. You said you don't mind buying all new wheels and tires, and that is probably what I would do at this point. Study up on what your buddies are running then get those. And sell the old stuff to recoup some of the cost. Life is too short to keep dealing with this!
90% of my riding is at my place in the UP.

B

biesty

Jul 12, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Tusk Beadlock wheels and 28 inch QBT 846 tires, over 2000 miles and no leaks. Follow mounting instructions and re-torque bead bolts after 200 miles and you should have no more problems. Most of my riding is northern Wisconsin.

N

noisewater

Aug 3, 2017
west michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Tusk Beadlock wheels and 28 inch QBT 846 tires, over 2000 miles and no leaks. Follow mounting instructions and re-torque bead bolts after 200 miles and you should have no more problems. Most of my riding is northern Wisconsin.
I would guess that Northern Wisconsin like most of my riding in the UP. Sounds like I will have almost the exact same set up as you. I'll see if it's just my crappy luck or if I finally found a solution.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
2 years ago I put 28" Quadboss QBT846 on Fuel Anza D557 rims on my P1K5. I was running them around 10 psi. Kept getting flats. Not punctures but losing the bead. So per my tire guy's suggestion I ran the damn things at almost max pressure. I think it was 18-20 psi. Still having bead issues. So then my tire guy suggested tubing them all. All that did was eventually shear my stems. He's a good tire guy for my company's fleet of trucks and vans but he doesn't dabble much with ATV/UTV. So I finally ran into a guy on one of my trips - with a damn flat of course! - who suggested the tubes with the double locknuts on steel stems. He said those were better for tubeless rims like I have. That worked for about 5 days worth of riding. My brother is borrowing it this week and just texted me telling me there's another flat. He says he doesn't see any punctures and he's going to bring it to the guy I met up there to have a look. Can't wait to hear what it is this time.

We run logging roads, some nice mud holes and water crossings. No rock climbing or any big rocks to speak of. No one else that rides with us has these issues.

Anybody with any ideas? I have no problem brooming those tires and rims for a whole new set up if need be. This is a very stupid problem to keep having.

Thanks in advance.

Tractor tires. Tough as nails.

Redone

Redone

Nov 14, 2018
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@noisewater i think the issue may have been your wheel I have QBT846’s on my machine and absolutely love them for an all around tire. They do great down here in middle Tn. Have only had one come off the bead the wife was driving and went hard into a deep hole. We where able to get it reseated and was on our way down the trail in no time.

2401D3EB 03C4 49F6 8625 DB50EE17078A

N

noisewater

Aug 3, 2017
west michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What psi do you have them at? Got done mounting mine on the Tusks tonight. Going to leave them at 18 overnight and check in the morning that they're still there. I'll bring them down tomorrow after getting them on the machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!