P500 Ice riding

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

We're going down to -4 F tonight, and tomorrow will be 9/-5. I think the ice will be plenty safe on Sunday for the inaugural run. Pics or video to follow... assuming something fun happens.

D

Deleted member 3748

We're going down to -4 F tonight, and tomorrow will be 9/-5. I think the ice will be plenty safe on Sunday for the inaugural run. Pics or video to follow... assuming something fun happens.

That means fun for me. Falling through the ice, while fun for you to watch, would not be fun for me and won't make it on the video. :D

D

Deleted member 3748

Wear a life jacket at any rate.
I considered that, but I won't be going that deep until I feel more comfortable. There are ice fishing shantys all over the lake and they have to be pretty heavy when you get a few guys in them. If I ever built a shanty, I'm building it on top of a row boat. It'll be easy to move out on the lake and if it goes through the ice... no problem!

D

Deleted member 3748

I saw a lot of tire tracks and an ATV parked next to a guys shanty. I decided to go. I hit the ice at about 20 mph and didn't go below 30 mph for the whole ride. It was exhilarating wondering if the ice was going to hold me. I didn't take any pics because I wasn't going to stop. :) Here's a few from shore showing the ATV and how many shanties are out. Quality is poor because I was zoomed in and using a phone. IMAG00489 IMAG00490

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I considered that, but I won't be going that deep until I feel more comfortable. There are ice fishing shantys all over the lake and they have to be pretty heavy when you get a few guys in them. If I ever built a shanty, I'm building it on top of a row boat. It'll be easy to move out on the lake and if it goes through the ice... no problem!
Sounds good. No seatbelt while you're out there either would probably be a good idea. ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I saw a lot of tire tracks and an ATV parked next to a guys shanty. I decided to go. I hit the ice at about 20 mph and didn't go below 30 mph for the whole ride. It was exhilarating wondering if the ice was going to hold me. I didn't take any pics because I wasn't going to stop. :) Here's a few from shore showing the ATV and how many shanties are out. Quality is poor because I was zoomed in and using a phone. View attachment 10272 View attachment 10274
Wow! That's really wild.

D

Deleted member 3748

Check this out, you might add this crazy utv to your garage for ice fishing and offroad

It was between this and the P5, but KFI didn't make plow tubes for the Sherp, so I went with the P5. :D

Reactions: joeymt33
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Check this out, you might add this crazy utv to your garage for ice fishing and offroad

that thing looks like a lot for fun!

advertisement
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
starting at $65,000 ouch!!!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just give this guy good financing and it will take him way further. Very talented engineer and rider too

Reminds me story with helicopter builder who immigrated to USA, Sikorskiy

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
COol videos,thanks for posting.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
I saw a lot of tire tracks and an ATV parked next to a guys shanty. I decided to go. I hit the ice at about 20 mph and didn't go below 30 mph for the whole ride. It was exhilarating wondering if the ice was going to hold me. I didn't take any pics because I wasn't going to stop. :) Here's a few from shore showing the ATV and how many shanties are out. Quality is poor because I was zoomed in and using a phone. View attachment 10272 View attachment 10274
RZR broke through the ice. Not tryin to bring negativity to the thread, just reminding everyone it can happen. Be careful out there everyone. Enjoy your ride!

D

Deleted member 3748

RZR broke through the ice. Not tryin to bring negativity to the thread, just reminding everyone it can happen. Be careful out there everyone. Enjoy your ride!

View attachment 10310

I went out again today. Saw a shanty with a quad and a SxS parked next to it, then saw another with a truck. Game on! As soon as it warms up, I'm making the 2 mile trip to the island. I always wondered what was out there. It's -20 to -30 degrees with the wind chill today. My face was hurting.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I went out again today. Saw a shanty with a quad and a SxS parked next to it, then saw another with a truck. Game on! As soon as it warms up, I'm making the 2 mile trip to the island. I always wondered what was out there. It's -20 to -30 degrees with the wind chill today. My face was hurting.
Remember, life vest and no seatbelt. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For me the rule is: remember, don't drive on the ice.
Lol, I hear ya bro, but I already tried and can't talk him out of it. Those safety precautions were my last ditch effort!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!