P1000 If you ever had to do it again, what would you do differently?

MMW

MMW

Sep 5, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
These really help on those hot summer days. Heat shield under the seat is a must. Bilge-exhaust fan blowing air back between the header and engine is also a must in my opinion. Most windshields will seriously affect air and dust flow. I hate to sweat unnecessarily.
View attachment 90088

It looks like there must be a microwave for warming a cup of hot chocolate in there too! I have never seen so much stuff in a cab except for over the road truckers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimG and BWAF
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone having any issues with heat from the seat area? I can ride 5 miles on pavement and be soaked from lower back to mid thigh from the heat. I tried the auto grade heat shield install and will try the bilge fan next but my god you pay 25k for a machine and cant ride it because its too hot. any suggestions? if I cant get it fixed I will trade it in for something different
$25K????

I have owned 3 in total, 2016 (sold) and now a 2018 1000-5 LE bought back in August for $18K and now another left over 2018: 1000-3 EPS for $12,411 an few weeks ago! The EPS is bone stock other than putting on my LE wheels and tires on it after I went with 4" Portals, SuperATV 1 1/2" forward A-Arms and SuperATV 30x10 14" Intimidators on SuperATV wheels and love it! The only thing different I'd do would be to get larger tires and if....if SuperATV made Rino Axles for an LE, I'd have the 3" shock lift on mine with 33" tires.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There just kids they'll be fine

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

The only thing I like about my so called 5 seat Pioneer: is the roof, the seats are worthless. I'm thinking about removing them for weight savings. Just my opinion.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only thing I like about my so called 5 seat Pioneer: is the roof, the seats are worthless. I'm thinking about removing them for weight savings. Just my opinion.
My kids love them I can't get them to seat up front put 4 point in back for them ! ? 2d3ab6fbd7f8e97f55e4d02a8989a5b2

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I sold mine for all of these reasons, the heat shield did help some but the dust was the deciding factor to sell and buy a general 4 seater, expensive mistake but getting a much better machine. Honda had a good idea with the tip out seats just horribly engineered. I think most of the dust comes up from the bed area.
I don't get this argument? What I find is, most here complaining about heat is:
they don't really ride on trails or mud, they use it as a golf cart around the house/farm or yard. My 2016 would get hot riding around the yard in the summer here in Florida but I now notice my 2018 LE gets hot on the trail but I'm moving a lot and don't notice it.

As to a Polaris General being a better quality machine? No way, I owned 3 Polaris Rangers before my 2016 Honda and aside from the back seats of the Honda, the Polaris was s*** compared to Honda mechanics. Just MHO :)

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!