P1000 If you ever had to do it again, what would you do differently?

CMiller

CMiller

Oct 8, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since we are talking about wiring ... I wouldn’t change a damn thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone having any issues with heat from the seat area? I can ride 5 miles on pavement and be soaked from lower back to mid thigh from the heat. I tried the auto grade heat shield install and will try the bilge fan next but my god you pay 25k for a machine and cant ride it because its too hot. any suggestions? if I cant get it fixed I will trade it in for something different

J

JTW

Anyone having any issues with heat from the seat area? I can ride 5 miles on pavement and be soaked from lower back to mid thigh from the heat. I tried the auto grade heat shield install and will try the bilge fan next but my god you pay 25k for a machine and cant ride it because its too hot. any suggestions? if I cant get it fixed I will trade it in for something different
Seriously... you should look into the new wrangler line of sxs.

Reactions: Neohio and BWAF
J

JTW

yes I do and have thought about removing but the dealer insured me I would not help remove the heat from the seat. do you suggest I do this?
For the love of god yes! You’re dealer is retarded!! So Honda has a seat heat improvement kit. Does yours have it? The under-seat fan will help too. SuperATV flip windshield is the best option for warm and cool climates.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
sorry for being new and not knowing how to navigate the forum very well but I cannot find where someone addressed all material for the bilge fan or at least a link to a kit. any where that discusses this?
No problem. You will learn.
Go here and continue your conversation about heat. --> Cover to remove on 1000P3 to reduce heat
I tagged you, I thik this will help alot by doing this simple modification.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
sorry for being new and not knowing how to navigate the forum very well but I cannot find where someone addressed all material for the bilge fan or at least a link to a kit. any where that discusses this?
Welcome to the site! They can get warm but easy fix as you’ll see. Not sure what year you have it might not have the updated under seat cover so you could request that from your dealer for free. At any rate for just a sec you could simply use a towel in the seat crack till you can address it properly.

V

vogel3d

Oct 2, 2017
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sold mine for all of these reasons, the heat shield did help some but the dust was the deciding factor to sell and buy a general 4 seater, expensive mistake but getting a much better machine. Honda had a good idea with the tip out seats just horribly engineered. I think most of the dust comes up from the bed area.

Reactions: Farmerjohn
J

JTW

I sold mine for all of these reasons, the heat shield did help some but the dust was the deciding factor to sell and buy a general 4 seater, expensive mistake but getting a much better machine. Honda had a good idea with the tip out seats just horribly engineered. I think most of the dust comes up from the bed area.
So you don’t have the general yet? Check back with us as let us know how much better of a machine it turns out to be.:rolleyes:

L

leprechaun

Oct 26, 2016
Astor Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered some heat and sound shield from amazon it came in 2' X 2' squares with peel off sticky back $35.00 and installed it under and behind front seat problem solved no heat and reduced the noise a lot wished I would have done this earlier

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered some heat and sound shield from amazon it came in 2' X 2' squares with peel off sticky back $35.00 and installed it under and behind front seat problem solved no heat and reduced the noise a lot wished I would have done this earlier
Any way you can post a link to the one you used? I've considered going this route but haven't decided which brand to get.

Reactions: Tracy12345 and TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!