Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I want a tablet with an SD card slot so I can check my trail cameras.
All of the ones I find have Micro SD slots. I want the standard SD card slot.
I'm not buying a dozen micro SD cards and the adapters.

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
youll be hard pressed to find one with any kind of SD port to be honest with you.

I just use my iphone phone or my
ipad when checking my cams. There is an adaptor that plugs in the charging port then u plug your SD card into that. now with Spy point cams like i use, some of the cards are mini SD so i have a standard SD adaptor on hand i plug the mini into then insert it to plug adaptor.

this is the one i use. But if u have a droid tablet they make them for that one as well. PRO TIP: you get what you pay for with adaptors

Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader Amazon.com: Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader : Electronics

Reactions: CID
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
youll be hard pressed to find one with any kind of SD port to be honest with you.

I just use my iphone phone or my
ipad when checking my cams. There is an adaptor that plugs in the charging port then u plug your SD card into that. now with Spy point cams like i use, some of the cards are mini SD so i have a standard SD adaptor on hand i plug the mini into then insert it to plug adaptor.

this is the one i use. But if u have a droid tablet they make them for that one as well. PRO TIP: you get what you pay for with adaptors

Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader Amazon.com: Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader : Electronics
Will this let me save a few pictures and then clear the card?

Reactions: Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Will this let me save a few pictures and then clear the card?
They most certainly should. They are simply "mounting" your SD card as a memory device, no different that if your device had an actual SD card slot. All you're doing is moving files between memory cards (e.g., move between internal memory and the added/external memory card).

You would be hard pressed to find a new tablet with an SD card reader built in because that technology is ... well ... old.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Yup. I run a Samsung A7 Lite for checking cards. I bought one of those USB-C card adapters from Amazon and it works just fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!