P500 I'm in..... bought a 2015

Ridgeline

Ridgeline

Mar 23, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. 500
I've been scoping the forum out since bringing home a 2015 P500 a couple weeks ago. It joins a Massey 1532 for work/play duties on my 100+ acres, mainly for hunting/habitat management. My two kids will surely add some play time for it as well. Unfortunately Stella has put a halt to getting much seat time, but that should change as it warms up over the next week.

Details as follows:
Camo, Honda roof, windshield, under hood storage, rear tray, winch, MSA 14" M20 wheels with 26" MTC tires. Had 111 hours with 322 miles. Can't find a mark on it. Previous owner picked it up from service the day I got it. Take off factory wheels/tires came with it.

Have a few questions about lights and gun racks, will post them later in the proper place. Not sure about the rear tray, looks good but maybe not as useful as a box set up. Definitely going to carry chainsaws and related gear. I have high expectations for this rig.

IMG 0604 IMG 0607

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice, Welcome to the club @Ridgline!
Feel free to post anything you like here. Its your thread and we are here to help. 500 guys are all over their rigs and can answer any question you have.
C-ya around.

Reactions: sharp
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've been scoping the forum out since bringing home a 2015 P500 a couple weeks ago. It joins a Massey 1532 for work/play duties on my 100+ acres, mainly for hunting/habitat management. My two kids will surely add some play time for it as well. Unfortunately Stella has put a halt to getting much seat time, but that should change as it warms up over the next week.

Details as follows:
Camo, Honda roof, windshield, under hood storage, rear tray, winch, MSA 14" M20 wheels with 26" MTC tires. Had 111 hours with 322 miles. Can't find a mark on it. Previous owner picked it up from service the day I got it. Take off factory wheels/tires came with it.

Have a few questions about lights and gun racks, will post them later in the proper place. Not sure about the rear tray, looks good but maybe not as useful as a box set up. Definitely going to carry chainsaws and related gear. I have high expectations for this rig.

View attachment 38893 View attachment 38896

Nice looking ride...love the camo! Welcome to the forum Ridgeline.

Reactions: sharp
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Welcome, looks like you have a nice rig with a good start on accessories already

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Welcome and congrats on a nice rig!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome. That looks like a great find!

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wow that ride is clean.
Welcome and hide your credit card. The folks around here are a bad influence

Shhhhhh.... don't listen to @ncred02.

I have a "business" opportunity, if you bring 4 friends and they each bring 4 friends....

J/K welcome... there are a lot of great ideas and a wealth of knowledge/skills between all the members.

Reactions: Jshell3
Ridgeline

Ridgeline

Mar 23, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks to all for the welcome.

Since I have your attention for the moment I'll get right to my first question. I'd like to add a small led bar to the back for a work light, and possibly to the front depending on how I like the stock headlights. I've been seeing comments on wiring, but you guys seem to already know what your talking about. I'm not sure the differences between a sub harness or accessory harness. Basically what do I need to wire in a light and where does it get tied in. Obviously I'm hoping the main harness already has a place to tap into. Can't find anything in the owners manual, and from what I read here instructions from Honda add ons are lacking. I have some mechanical ability but don't like venturing too deep into the unknown, lessons learned can be pricey.

Thanks in advance

Ridgeline

Ridgeline

Mar 23, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. 500
This is the sub-harness that will plug in to the main harness (under the hood). This will only give you key on power.

www.amazon.com/Honda-08Z08-HL5-A00-Pioneer-Accessory-Harness/dp/B00MBVQEKQ

If you think you will be adding more electrical mods in the future , I would suggest installing a fuse block.
View attachment 38931

Thank you Chooglin, that looks simple enough. I don't plan to add much else as this isn't going to be used as a trail ride. Having a light in the rear will definitely help for loading up at dark thirty after doing some evening projects though.

Reactions: Chooglin
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
welcome to the forum

D

Deleted member 3748

Welcome to the club! Here's my 500 to give you some ideas. I have a soft top (for now) so I stuck my light bars through the windshield. It has a Tusk rear panel, the big Moose hitch, Piston Honda custom super-cooler rear boxes, Ford Escape roof rack, a @jak9922 custom T-bar passenger grab bar, and a bunch of other stuff that drained my bank account.
IMAG00634

IMAG01181

IMAG01180

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the club! Here's my 500 to give you some ideas. I have a soft top (for now) so I stuck my light bars through the windshield. It has a Tusk rear panel, the big Moose hitch, Piston Honda custom super-cooler rear boxes, Ford Escape roof rack, a @jak9922 custom T-bar passenger grab bar, and a bunch of other stuff that drained my bank account.
View attachment 38940

View attachment 38942

View attachment 38941

I still dig the look of that soft top...sleek!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Ridgeline

Ridgeline

Mar 23, 2017
NY
Ownership

1. 500
@PistonHonda;
I like the rack set up you did. For me, having a rear rack rather than a dump box on the P500 is more practical. I have the loader on the Massey for that kind of work. I thought about the Moose hitch, but again have the tractor for heavy stuff. So far I've only purchased a ball for the hitch that was in the receiver.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I have a whole post about the Moose hitch. For me, it was almost free because I was able to use the various hitches from my F150 instead of buying new ones for the 1-1/4". The factory hitch will work just fine but some people have been breaking them when pulling implements that create an upward force. I would never run into that situation myself.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!