Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Im in the same boat. Love my p5, and hate the idea of trading it in at this point. Mod'd the crap out of it. 906UP gearing increase, 27" Zillas, yadda yadda.... Noticing my back was sore for unknown reasons come Monday, finally figured out it was the weekend ride doing it--not my mattress. :rolleyes:

I actually ordered the WE fronts last night, but the CFO made me cancel that order....

From what I read the WE are huge improvement, but a few guys mention low speed not so noticeable. That is my concern, most of my riding is with the kids RZR170 behind me. Bouncing through everyone else's ruts.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Then again.... :D
Upload 2019 7 31 13 41 9

C

Chooglin

Im in the same boat. Love my p5, and hate the idea of trading it in at this point. Mod'd the crap out of it. 906UP gearing increase, 27" Zillas, yadda yadda.... Noticing my back was sore for unknown reasons come Monday, finally figured out it was the weekend ride doing it--not my mattress. :rolleyes:

I actually ordered the WE fronts last night, but the CFO made me cancel that order....

From what I read the WE are huge improvement, but a few guys mention low speed not so noticeable. That is my concern, most of my riding is with the kids RZR170 behind me. Bouncing through everyone else's ruts.
For me , the W.E. work great at lower speeds. You need to find someone that has them installed on a 500 and take it for a spin , I think you will be impressed!!!

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Just to add to what @pFive brought up.. I wonder if removing the teeth from all the control arm pivot points would improve the ride with the W.E.'s too. I have air shocks, and I've never ridden a machine that has the W.E.'s . I just changed to long bolts that go all the way through both mounts, instead of individual bolts in every control arm mount (I had to make them), and found that where the hubs attach to the control arms were causing some drag, so I removed a little more material where the teeth were and was able to get 'thrust washers' in those too. Now all four control arms move completely freely with no drag at all. That made a noticeable improvement again. I thought I had done that a long time ago...

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have pretty much done all you can do, without spending more money. Is your spring preload set to the softest setting ?
X2, but keep in mind that money can fix almost anything.;)

Reactions: Chooglin
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the 700 rides rougher than the 500. you can get a nice ride out of the stock shocks just not using the stock springs. honda built these more utility wise rather than sporty rzr wise. to get a better ride probably look into dual compression springs and weigh the bike with the standard load out and get springs that fit the length and weight. other than that. your kinda stuck. 1 thing i did notice with my 700 is after i put a lift on it the ride smoothed out.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Have you ever had a 500??

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
nope but had a good test ride last year. me and a guy swapped bikes for a few hrs out riding he wanted to know how the 700 rode and u wanted to know how the 500 rode. he was running 2 inch lift and 26s mine was on 2.5 and 27s. 500 was definitely smoother to me.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nope but had a good test ride last year. me and a guy swapped bikes for a few hrs out riding he wanted to know how the 700 rode and u wanted to know how the 500 rode. he was running 2 inch lift and 26s mine was on 2.5 and 27s. 500 was definitely smoother to me.

My 500 had 26s and was rough as hell, my 700-4 is way better.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i can say this though tire width has alot more to do with ride smoothness than air pressure. since i swapped to the 32x8.5 r16 from my 27x10,12 r12. pretty good bit rougher now.

Reactions: Russ989
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
What can I do to improve the ride of my P500 without spending a ton of money?

So far I've upgraded to 27" radials, tire pressure is set at 6psi, I disconnected the rear sway bar...what else can I do? This thing rides like a little North Korean tank LOL

I'm coming from the world of Yamaha, and as far as SxS's, my last ones were Rhino's and a Wolverine. I know it's not fair to compare them, but to be honest, the only reason I sold my Yamaha and bought the P500 was its small size. Had I known it rode this rough I might have made a different decision.

Again, money is a key issue, as I don't have much of it :(

Pic for attention...

View attachment 143502
Not much more you can do without spending a bunch on new shocks, mine is all stock but as with anything else it just a matter of getting used to it. We ride a lot of 50" trails and you can't go very fast so the firm ride is not usually an big issue, faster speeds yes but you get used to it and I have had 2 back surgeries.

Last edited:
Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Not much ore you can do without spending a bunch on new shocks, mine is all stock but as with anything else it just a matter of getting used to it. We ride a lot of 50" trails and you can't go very fast so the firm ride is not usually an big issue, faster speeds yes but you get used to it and I have had 2 back surgeries.
I think wider tires removing sway bar is about all I’m gonna do maybe shocks in the future but can’t justify that price when I hardly ever go past 10 mph on our trails here in wv

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I now have Walker Evans with 200lb springs front and rear, huge difference. I also love being able to set the suspension softer when trail riding with a kid and then set it firmer for faster trail riding with a simple twist of the dial. It is a noticeable difference for both slow and fast trail riding, no bottoming our anymore either. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!