Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
@Mudder -- yeah man! same here, we poke around with kids on lil RZR. Needed a soft setup for cruising between mud holes ;). But, I think these will take some decent abuse from experienced riders. I do push my machine, but know it's limits. I aint skeerd to break it either! But... long walks back to the truck suck.... lol.

F

Floridahond

May 13, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
I have a sore back, have done so much for a softer ride on my P-500. 25" radials at lower psi, Walker Evans shocks, even sent them back for re-valve to make them softer. W.E. shocks are nice, but don't help near as much on bumps at slower speeds as they do at mid to higher speeds, then they really help. And, I have a 1 &1/4 inch thick 'Miracle Cushion' to sit on which helps absorb some of the bumps, not much but enough to sit on it every ride. On more harsh bumps, I grab the top left roll bar, pull up, making myself lighter on the seat and that helps too.
You want a harder setting tighten that shock up for those small bumps!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You don't want the softest setting you want almost the last setting on the hard side!

Not exactly. Set my stockers up to firmest setting in rear and hit a tree root at speed. It was a rodeo ride and thank God I had my seatbelt on or I would've broken my neck hitting the roof. The rebound on the stockers are absolute crap and when you've set the springs as stiff as possible, there will come a time where you're bouncing like a pogo stick and have no control.
Set them as soft as possible without continuously bottoming out.

F

Floridahond

May 13, 2021
Ownership

1. 500
Not exactly. Set my stockers up to firmest setting in rear and hit a tree root at speed. It was a rodeo ride and thank God I had my seatbelt on or I would've broken my neck hitting the roof. The rebound on the stockers are absolute crap and when you've set the springs as stiff as possible, there will come a time where you're bouncing like a pogo stick and have no control.
That's pretty scary! I'm glad you're all right and I'm going to change the settings on my shocks.. I'm very fortunate because I ride here in Florida in the Ocala National Forest that all the trails are sand and there is no tree roots rocks and hard terrain like I'm used to in Western New York.

Ride on!

Thanks for the tip

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
An dats da trufe!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!