P500 Inline fuel filter

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Wondering how many SxS owners (I have a P500) have installed inline fuel filters.

I installed one on my '05 Rancher after the O-ring in the fuel petcock deteriorated and clogged up the jets in the carburetor. I don't know if that's as big an issue with fuel injection.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Inside the pump there is a built in filter. Adding a second one want do anything but help as long as the flow is good enough.
So far, There have been no reports of one getting clogged up... Even from those that go scuba-diving.
Now, on some of the older Rincon's there was a issue with the fuel pump filter, but nothing recent.

Reactions: Moose308
I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Inside the pump there is a built in filter. Adding a second one want do anything but help as long as the flow is good enough.
So far, There have been no reports of one getting clogged up... Even from those that go scuba-diving.
Now, on some of the older Rincon's there was a issue with the fuel pump filter, but nothing recent.
Good to know. Thanks!

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just tore mine apart after drowning yesterday. Fuel filter is completely clogged.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Where do you ride Razorback?
Live in Van Buren. Ride around Cedarville-Buckhorn trails. North of Ozark- around Shores Lake and the Mulberry River, Cass, White Rock, Barnes Mnt., Haven't been on the Mill Creek trails in years. And north of Lamar-Hagarville, Fort Douglas, Piney Creek. Wanting to go ride the Mnt. Magazine trails sometime.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Live in Van Buren. Ride around Cedarville-Buckhorn trails. North of Ozark- around Shores Lake and the Mulberry River, Cass, White Rock, Barnes Mnt., Haven't been on the Mill Creek trails in years. And north of Lamar-Hagarville, Fort Douglas, Piney Creek. Wanting to go ride the Mnt. Magazine trails sometime.
All nice places. I haven't done Mt. Magazine either. I was surprised that Fourche Mountain and Wolf Pen Gap weren't on your list!

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
All nice places. I haven't done Mt. Magazine either. I was surprised that Fourche Mountain and Wolf Pen Gap weren't on your list!
Rode Wolf Pen a couple times when I had sport quads, but that's been like 15 years ago. Things I've read, people say it's like riding dirt roads now. Never been to Fourche Mountain. How's it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!