P500 Installed some led lights

C

Chooglin

I really like how white the light is vs the yellowish light coming from the headlights !!
20160401 173157

The green light was installed as accent light and so I don't forget to turn off the power switch !
20160401 173004

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
Looks good! I'm putting some marker lights on the outside so I don't leave my key on.

Reactions: Chooglin
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
I really like how white the light is vs the yellowish light coming from the headlights !!
View attachment 12825
The green light was installed as accent light and so I don't forget to turn off the power switch !
View attachment 12826

I bought a set of Auxbeams that look similar to those, they are 6 LED Cree 60 degree 18 watt. I shined them out my window at home and they didn't look like they would augment the stock lights as much as I was hoping for. Any pictures or video of them in the field?

I'm looking at 4 LED 30 degree 20 watt Sylvanias but they are ~$60 a set. I'm probably going to use the 6 LED 60's to light up the S x S cargo area, jury is out on trail lighting because I don't want a huge power sucking light bar and I did find the OEM lights adequate for my use so far. I carry a handheld spotlight, but I wouldn't mind a small pair of LED lights to augment the factory headlights if they are actually helpful and significantly increase my viewing area for a reasonable amount of money and tax on the electrical system.

C

Chooglin

I bought a set of Auxbeams that look similar to those, they are 6 LED Cree 60 degree 18 watt. I shined them out my window at home and they didn't look like they would augment the stock lights as much as I was hoping for. Any pictures or video of them in the field?

I'm looking at 4 LED 30 degree 20 watt Sylvanias but they are ~$60 a set. I'm probably going to use the 6 LED 60's to light up the S x S cargo area, jury is out on trail lighting because I don't want a huge power sucking light bar and I did find the OEM lights adequate for my use so far. I carry a handheld spotlight, but I wouldn't mind a small pair of LED lights to augment the factory headlights if they are actually helpful and significantly increase my viewing area for a reasonable amount of money and tax on the electrical system.

I will get some pics in the next few days.

These are 35* 18w and i have them adjusted slightly outward.I was basically wanting to widen my light pattern from the stock headlights and these work for me.............$80 for the pair !!!
4.6" Heavy Duty Off Road LED Light Bar - 18W | LED Light Bars For Trucks | Super Bright LEDs

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I purchased this light bar:
http://www.amazon.com/XDR-9-Light-Series-Flood-Bracket/dp/B00USC2CI8?tag=sxsweb24-20

and these brackets:
http://www.amazon.com/Auxmart-1-5inch-Bullbar-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B00VQ08I2A?tag=sxsweb24-20

My plan is to mount these on the tube that goes around the hood, so the light will hopefully be high enough to shine over the snow plow that is in my future, and have enough clearance that I will still be able to open the hood. I will post my results after I attempt the install...

C

Chooglin

http://www.amazon.com/XDR-9-Light-Series-Flood-Bracket/dp/B00USC2CI8?tag=sxsweb24-20

and these brackets:
Amazon.com: Auxmart 1.5inch Bullbar Nudge Bar Mounting Bracket Tube Clamp For HID LED Light bar(Pack of 2Pcs): Automotive

My plan is to mount these on the tube that goes around the hood, so the light will hopefully be high enough to shine over the snow plow that is in my future, and have enough clearance that I will still be able to open the hood. I will post my results after I attempt the install...
That tube going around the hood is 1 1/4" , the link you posted are 1 1/2". Just a FYI !

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That tube going around the hood is 1 1/4" , the link you posted are 1 1/2". Just a FYI !
Well I guess that won't work then! haha I must have gotten mixed up somehow... Oh well. I'll see what else I can come up with.

Thanks

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Amazon.com: XDR-9 LED Light Bar Type A Series Spot Flood Combo Side Bracket (72W - 14.25 inch): Automotive

and these brackets:
Amazon.com: Auxmart 1.5inch Bullbar Nudge Bar Mounting Bracket Tube Clamp For HID LED Light bar(Pack of 2Pcs): Automotive

Reactions: ehart814
advertisement
H

Hondalife

Mar 1, 2016
Athens
Image I bought a set of these from amazon. $49. Very bright and extremely tough. They are combination spot and flood. Very happy with these.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I want to mount a light bar similar to your setup, as far as the size and general location.
So I bought a light bar - 14" or so... however mine has the mounting bolts on the ends - not on the bottom. I selected that setup based on my original plan to mount on the bar that goes around the edge of the hood. And I bought clamps- of course, I bought the wrong size clamps... Anyhow, it doesn't look like it would work out even if I had the right clamps... I see you have a fancy bumper. I am still running the stock bumper and am considering mounting the light to my bumper, with the proper sized clamps. I will be purchasing a winch with the KFI mount. Has anyone mounted a 12" - 14" light bar to the bumper when using the KFI mount? I"m concerned that having the light mounted there would interfere with the higher mounted winch. I want to keep the light mounted pretty high, but I have the honda windshield and soft roof so I can't mount it up there, but I'm hoping the light will be high enough to clear the snowplow that I will be buying down the road...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I want to mount a light bar similar to your setup, as far as the size and general location.
So I bought a light bar - 14" or so... however mine has the mounting bolts on the ends - not on the bottom. I selected that setup based on my original plan to mount on the bar that goes around the edge of the hood. And I bought clamps- of course, I bought the wrong size clamps... Anyhow, it doesn't look like it would work out even if I had the right clamps... I see you have a fancy bumper. I am still running the stock bumper and am considering mounting the light to my bumper, with the proper sized clamps. I will be purchasing a winch with the KFI mount. Has anyone mounted a 12" - 14" light bar to the bumper when using the KFI mount? I"m concerned that having the light mounted there would interfere with the higher mounted winch. I want to keep the light mounted pretty high, but I have the honda windshield and soft roof so I can't mount it up there, but I'm hoping the light will be high enough to clear the snowplow that I will be buying down the road...
I think the StrongMade bumper would answer all of that.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Amazon.com: XDR-9 LED Light Bar Type A Series Spot Flood Combo Side Bracket (72W - 14.25 inch): Automotive

and these brackets:
http://www.amazon.com/Auxmart-1-5inch-Bullbar-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B00VQ08I2A?tag=sxsweb24-20

Couldn't you get some thin rubber and build it up to 1.5 inches? Wouldn't
Take many layers plus would probably help in slipping on the tube. I'm still looking for a good bracket and I like these mounts. Mite buy one and play around with it.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Couldn't you get some thin rubber and build it up to 1.5 inches? Wouldn't
Take many layers plus would probably help in slipping on the tube. I'm still looking for a good bracket and I like these mounts. Mite buy one and play around with it.
There is not much empty space around the tube in the area i'd have to clamp to. Kinda hard to describe, but since they are too big, they would contact the hood and probably the black plastic of the front fenders. They make them in 1.25" so I'm just going to order those. They are pretty nice clamps and not too expensive. I can use the 1.5" ones for clamping something to the roll cage.

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Ya I didnt think about the tight space by the hood. Just ordered some of the 1.25 inch ones. see how they work.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!