P1000 Insurance

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picking up my P1000 on Wednesday, insurance goes in effect tomorrow... just over $400 / year from Geico for full coverage. Seems reasonable to me, one less thing to be concerned about. Can't imagine not insuring it, as I will probably have well over $20K invested.

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's a lot if money IMO I have allstate and its like $250 year for my 700-4

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I'm getting hosed... I'll have to shop it a bit.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I have purchased will cover me until I spend some time shopping it...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We have Geico and they have been great. What they have done for us is second to none and are really quick about any claim. We're 250 a year for full coverage on our 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have Geico and they have been great. What they have done for us is second to none and are really quick about any claim. We're 250 a year for full coverage on our 1000.

One of the reasons I went straight to Geico was based on your comments concerning how great they were to work with. Cheaper is great and I'm all about paying less, but at the end of the day it's all about actual coverage and customer service. When I have some time my plan is to shop it... Picking up the machine on Wednesday morning and didn't want to take possession without full coverage.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really like seeing people covered it's too much money investmented like you're saying not to. You honestly don't want to save a couple bucks and have cut rate insurance stay with the big ones. I work in a body shop and I see it all the time that's why we went geico without looking around and it's paid off a couple of times. Last claim was handled start to finish in 3 days and they didn't even raise rates.

Last edited:
MAINEYAK

MAINEYAK

Sep 19, 2016
Maine
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was being bent over with my regular insurance company, State Farm quoted me $600 per year for full coverage. I couldn't believe it since they're so reasonable and inexpensive on my cars/motorcycle/house policies. So today I called Allstate and locked in full coverage with a $250 deductible at $106 per year. Sign me up!

I spoke to State Farm again to cancel coverage, and asked why the contrast in premiums. She could only tell me that on ATVs and Boats they are competitive, however their company considers UTV SXS's a high risk. She couldn't believe the money I was saving by switching it to Allstate though, lol. Good 'nuff!

advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was being bent over with my regular insurance company, State Farm quoted me $600 per year for full coverage. I couldn't believe it since they're so reasonable and inexpensive on my cars/motorcycle/house policies. So today I called Allstate and locked in full coverage with a $250 deductible at $106 per year. Sign me up!

I spoke to State Farm again to cancel coverage, and asked why the contrast in premiums. She could only tell me that on ATVs and Boats they are competitive, however their company considers UTV SXS's a high risk. She couldn't believe the money I was saving by switching it to Allstate though, lol. Good 'nuff!
I've got my truck and motorcycle insured through Allstate... I will be checking in with them for sure!

Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

State Farm did the same to me, i went with progressive full coverage for 350/year.
Full coverage on my Hayabusa with state farm was only 360/year. That bike was high risk....

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's a lot if money IMO I have allstate and its like $250 year for my 700-4

State Farm and if I remember correctly I'm under 200. but mines a 500 maybe that why

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Body shop guy here to CP. Your right no sense in going cheap on insurance. I pay a little more with State Farm,but they already have all my stuff cover any way(house,cars(4),life insurance policies(6),personal shop at home,now the buggy) so it's was just easier to pay one lump bill a year. Bad thing about cheap insurance or a new company you have never delt with,is you don't know they suck till you need them.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
State Farm here too. Mine is more than that I'm sure. I have to look. But I have mine covered for the max on everything. Especially passengers. And coverage on my family to cover any deductibles that my personal health insurance doesn't cover.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
State farm here $350 I believe for the year. Quite a bit more than my 700 was.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
I have never been a shop around type. Y'all got me thinking this morning. I'm going to have to check out Allstate and see if comparing there coverage to my State Farm policy is comparing apples to apples.

Reactions: sharp
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have allstate and it runs about $160 for my 700-4. I've never had to use it so I can't tell you about the service. I know I had some hell damage on my truck and the repair shop said Allstate is sometimes hard to get money from, but they always stand by their customers. CP experience makes me want to look around though.

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have allstate and it runs about $160 for my 700-4. I've never had to use it so I can't tell you about the service. I know I had some hell damage on my truck and the repair shop said Allstate is sometimes hard to get money from, but they always stand by their customers. CP experience makes me want to look around though.
Allstate for auto is good so is progressive. Not sure if progressive does recreational but probably. Check around with how claims were handled with other others companies because it's just burned money if they don't take care of you. Seriously we've had many issues and were handled correctly. I'm not saying they are the best but I know they work and quickly.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!