AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Progressive for $169 a year. My primary auto and home insurance is through USAA. I decided to check with them about SxS insurance and their online quote system re-directed me to Progressive. Hmm... I guess they don't provide motorcycle/ATV insurance directly.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have Progressive for $169 a year. My primary auto and home insurance is through USAA. I decided to check with them about SxS insurance and their online quote system re-directed me to Progressive. Hmm... I guess they don't provide motorcycle/ATV insurance directly.
I really don't think I need full coverage cause I ride in the woods, I would like insurance for theft and car crash only . Any body got this only and can you get this kind of coverage?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really don't think I need full coverage cause I ride in the woods, I would like insurance for theft and car crash only . Any body got this only and can you get this kind of coverage?
What happens when some one who is riding with you gets hurt? Its a bad situation, Weather its a family member or even a friend. You cant control what some one will do with there arms in a roll over. I had a buddy have a lawsuite against him. When he rolled his jeep his friends arm was broken and couldnt go to work or support his family. Bad deal all the way around. As much of a racket as insurance is its very risky not to have it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and AKRider
J

JTW

Full coverage is running $17 per thousand. I'm paying about $275 a year.. covers everything!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like seeing people covered it's too much money investmented like you're saying not to. You honestly don't want to save a couple bucks and have cut rate insurance stay with the big ones. I work in a body shop and I see it all the time that's why we went geico without looking around and it's paid off a couple of times. Last claim was handled start to finish in 3 days and they didn't even raise rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't owe a dime on mine, that's why I'm looking at other options.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went the full coverage route as I'm not interested in losing everything I've worked for due to some mishap on a SXS. Not that the machines are cheap, but fixing, replacing or not have one is nothing compared to the other liabilities... To each his own, it's all about choices.

Reactions: JTW and Tigermark
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have fire and theft now. But after ready what everyone else's has and about those who have got theirs replaced. I will be updating to full coverage in Jan.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!