AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He might be lying too. He could of cooked it. Said what he said . Recieved a ton of flack for the bad publicity. And retracted his story. Guess we will see if he's still trying to sell it.
I don't think so. I saw the comments on the post. It seems legit. Also, posts that aren't liked there tend to get removed

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The gear reduction should help a lot especially if you go to smaller tires like 25 or 26 inch tires. I'm installing 25 inch tires on my 2016 Yamaha YXZ, it comes with 27 inch tires.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone paid attention enough to see if there is any kind of pattern what so ever to these clutches? Just an observation most people on this forum id saying are p1000 deluxe models. Does the failures seem to be a most 1000-5,1000-5 deluxe or 1000-3? Just curious to see if the added weight had something to do with it or anything relevant that could possibly tie these together in any way possible. I know drive style seems to be a common factor and when you start adding size to your tires but just seeing if something else might seem common.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Anyone paid attention enough to see if there is any kind of pattern what so ever to these clutches? Just an observation most people on this forum id saying are p1000 deluxe models. Does the failures seem to be a most 1000-5,1000-5 deluxe or 1000-3? Just curious to see if the added weight had something to do with it or anything relevant that could possibly tie these together in any way possible. I know drive style seems to be a common factor and when you start adding size to your tires but just seeing if something else might seem common.
I've wondered that as well.. I bet Honda knows!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 5 seat may have more failures due to the weight especially with a full load of passengers.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey man, was your post something along the lines of rethinking my hunting rig?

I made a similar post. Everyone was up my ass, literally I was insulted and someone even attacked me for my avatar being what it is. I haven't been a part of this forum since. a certain member on this forum who I will not name, said my problem was invalid because my tires are big. I'm not driving it right. The tires are too heavy. You can't stop midway through a swamp because that's operator error. I had to have the mods delete the thread because of the bullying.

The problem is when my tires get bound in mud it doesn't matter how hard you punch it, it won't turn the tires. So when I stop to glass when I'm hunting in a swamp, even though I'm NOT stuck I have to winch out..... That's a problem. (our swamps are muskeg... No trees just bushes)

I'm glad the fanboys are coming to grips. If they don't this will never be fixed. I didn't pay 22k for a machine that "wasn't designed for mud" I paid that because I thought this was the machine that would take it all. Turns out my Polaris 570 crew is better in the swamps than my 1000 with more than double the hp.

I'm sold on the ATVs, but this is my last Utv from Honda. I thought i may try and keep the Honda. Buy lower gears so I can use it in the swamp. After reading this post, I've put my rig up for sale. I can't spend another 800-2800 dollars to make it just work. I've never had a problem with the ATV. 8k miles and basic maintenance.

Every single Utv we have tried has had its strengths and weaknesses. This machines strengths just doesn't line up with what I need in the strengths Department. It's a smooth ride and has gobs of power on trails, but it's a gutless pig in the mud.

I may have gotten a lemon, Idk. But it's been in the shop for more than 4 months since I've owned it.

Did you ever sell your machine? Hopefully you didn't lose to much on it....I know I am going to. Thinking about selling as well. I am not sure what kind of re-sale value these machines will get, but hopefully someone wants them. I plan to have the clutches changed out under warranty, then put it up for sale. Maybe go back to my tried and true Yamaha Grizzly or something like that (can buy 3 for the price of this Honda). I am sure Honda will come out with some fix, I just don't have the time to wait for them.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Did you ever sell your machine? Hopefully you didn't lose to much on it....I know I am going to. Thinking about selling as well. I am not sure what kind of re-sale value these machines will get, but hopefully someone wants them. I plan to have the clutches changed out under warranty, then put it up for sale. Maybe go back to my tried and true Yamaha Grizzly or something like that (can buy 3 for the price of this Honda). I am sure Honda will come out with some fix, I just don't have the time to wait for them.
I agree. My purchase price was like 19.5 I think. I posted for 18.5

I had someone look, saw that I rolled it and he walked away. I may be in trouble over this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!